Does anyone know if it is possible to drive to Lake Maggiore (from England) avoiding the long road tunnels through the Alps? I will be travelling from England to Maggiore, via a stopover in Frankfurt. This would normally mean driving through Switzerland, but I could deviate to go through France (or Austria) if it allows me to avoid the long tunnels without adding too much time to my journey!
I have tried route maps with RAC, AA, Michelin etc but they only allow avoidance of motorways/tolls so all routes involve tunnels. I don't mind (short < 1km) tunnels but not those quite so long as through the Alp!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 레드카지노•• 艺━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••艺 레드카지노
- 2 tipping
- 3 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 4 Germany
- 5 Madrid Spain Hotels near Prado Museum
- 6 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 7 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 8 London Paris
- 9 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 10 Vienna sights and tickets to sights in Prague and Budapest
- 11 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 12 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 13 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 14 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 15 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 16 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 What clothes?
- 19 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 20 Rome at Christmas
- 21 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 22 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 23 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 24 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 25 4 Country Itinerary