We are scheduled to arrive at the Zurich airport from Nice on a Thursday during the second week of May at 5PM. According to the charts, sunset on the day of arrival is 8:48. We would like to drive straight to either Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. Googlemaps has the driving time at just under 2 hours and I am used to driiving on mountain roads. I know it coulld be close, but considering traffic at that time of day and the time needed to collect luggage, clear customs and pick up rental car, is it realistic to plan to reach our destination before nightfall?
Driving time in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Spain itineraries
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 8 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 9 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 12 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Scotland
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 17 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 18 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 19 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 20 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 21 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 25 Street food in Turkey