We are scheduled to arrive at the Zurich airport from Nice on a Thursday during the second week of May at 5PM. According to the charts, sunset on the day of arrival is 8:48. We would like to drive straight to either Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. Googlemaps has the driving time at just under 2 hours and I am used to driiving on mountain roads. I know it coulld be close, but considering traffic at that time of day and the time needed to collect luggage, clear customs and pick up rental car, is it realistic to plan to reach our destination before nightfall?
Driving time in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris November 2014
- 2 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 3 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 4 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 5 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 6 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Greek ferries
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 11 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 12 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 13 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 17 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 18 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 19 SIM card for eastern europe
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 23 Lofoten ferry
- 24 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris