We are scheduled to arrive at the Zurich airport from Nice on a Thursday during the second week of May at 5PM. According to the charts, sunset on the day of arrival is 8:48. We would like to drive straight to either Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. Googlemaps has the driving time at just under 2 hours and I am used to driiving on mountain roads. I know it coulld be close, but considering traffic at that time of day and the time needed to collect luggage, clear customs and pick up rental car, is it realistic to plan to reach our destination before nightfall?
Driving time in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay away from EF Tours
- 2 Dordogne in October
- 3 BMW European Delivery program
- 4 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 5 Paris first then where?
- 6 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 7 Does this sound feasible?
- 8 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 9 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 10 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 11 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 12 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 13 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 14 Can Kindle books be read on an iPad?
- 15 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 16 Eating in University cafeterias
- 17 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 18 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 19 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 22 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 23 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 24 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 25 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe