How is the view if you drive (or ride the Sita bus) from Salerno TO Sorrento, rather than the other direction? I imagine that because you are on the "inside" of the road, rather than the ocean side, that the view is somewhat compromised? For a variety of reasons we are considerng going to Paestum first, by the faster highway route, and then returning on the coast road back from Salerno to Sorrento. Doing this will ensure that we will get to Paestum in time to see it and the museum before the early closing time that starts Nov. 1. Any thoughts on whether it is worth it to do the drive to Sorrento in that direction? or should we just save it for the next trip?
Driving the Amalfi coast road the "wrong" way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 biking tours in Italy?
- 2 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 7 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 8 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 9 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 10 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Italy Countryside
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 French Basque region
- 17 Vegan in Germany?
- 18 VISA question
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 21 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 22 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 25 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival