How is the view if you drive (or ride the Sita bus) from Salerno TO Sorrento, rather than the other direction? I imagine that because you are on the "inside" of the road, rather than the ocean side, that the view is somewhat compromised? For a variety of reasons we are considerng going to Paestum first, by the faster highway route, and then returning on the coast road back from Salerno to Sorrento. Doing this will ensure that we will get to Paestum in time to see it and the museum before the early closing time that starts Nov. 1. Any thoughts on whether it is worth it to do the drive to Sorrento in that direction? or should we just save it for the next trip?
Driving the Amalfi coast road the "wrong" way?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 River cruises
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 6 7 days in Andalucia
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 9 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 10 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 11 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 15 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 16 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Belgium
- 24 Navigo Decouverte
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking