How is the view if you drive (or ride the Sita bus) from Salerno TO Sorrento, rather than the other direction? I imagine that because you are on the "inside" of the road, rather than the ocean side, that the view is somewhat compromised? For a variety of reasons we are considerng going to Paestum first, by the faster highway route, and then returning on the coast road back from Salerno to Sorrento. Doing this will ensure that we will get to Paestum in time to see it and the museum before the early closing time that starts Nov. 1. Any thoughts on whether it is worth it to do the drive to Sorrento in that direction? or should we just save it for the next trip?
Driving the Amalfi coast road the "wrong" way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 2 Best area for apartment - attending conference Copenhagen
- 3 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 4 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 7 Germany for 3 weeks
- 8 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 9 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 10 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 11 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 12 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 13 WiFi on trains
- 14 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 15 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 16 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 17 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 18 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 19 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 20 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 21 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 22 Renting an apt.
- 23 A guide to Madrid
- 24 Amsterday > Bruges
- 25 CDG questions