How is the view if you drive (or ride the Sita bus) from Salerno TO Sorrento, rather than the other direction? I imagine that because you are on the "inside" of the road, rather than the ocean side, that the view is somewhat compromised? For a variety of reasons we are considerng going to Paestum first, by the faster highway route, and then returning on the coast road back from Salerno to Sorrento. Doing this will ensure that we will get to Paestum in time to see it and the museum before the early closing time that starts Nov. 1. Any thoughts on whether it is worth it to do the drive to Sorrento in that direction? or should we just save it for the next trip?
Driving the Amalfi coast road the "wrong" way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 2 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 3 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 4 Help with France itinerary
- 5 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 6 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 7 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 8 ITALO trains need help
- 9 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 10 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 11 Cornwall or Paris?
- 12 plug adapters ITALY
- 13 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 14 German Rail Twin Pass
- 15 How much luggage?????
- 16 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 17 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 18 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 19 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 20 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 21 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 24 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 25 Paris in black and white