How is the view if you drive (or ride the Sita bus) from Salerno TO Sorrento, rather than the other direction? I imagine that because you are on the "inside" of the road, rather than the ocean side, that the view is somewhat compromised? For a variety of reasons we are considerng going to Paestum first, by the faster highway route, and then returning on the coast road back from Salerno to Sorrento. Doing this will ensure that we will get to Paestum in time to see it and the museum before the early closing time that starts Nov. 1. Any thoughts on whether it is worth it to do the drive to Sorrento in that direction? or should we just save it for the next trip?
Driving the Amalfi coast road the "wrong" way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 2 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 3 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 4 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 5 International driving permit required in France?
- 6 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 7 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 8 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 9 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 10 Scotland day tour
- 11 Tour Company in Russia
- 12 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 13 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 16 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 17 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 18 Best Car service from Heathrow airport to Waldorf Hilton in London
- 19 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 20 Trip to Pyrenees
- 21 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 22 Cyprus travel logistics: north to south and back again
- 23 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy