Husband and I intend to drive from Bellagio to Castelrotto via the Stelvio Pass on the 1st june 2012 in our hire car, which will be a Fiat Grande Punto. We are aware the drive (voted one of the best by Top Gear) is steep and full of hair-pin turns but even after seeing pictures and video we cant imagine driving it yet.
For those of you who have driven this road- do you think it is safe enough in a Fiat Grande Punto (with 2 adults and a boot full of luggage)?
Also- a side question, we are also considering on doing the Bernina pass drive, how does this compare to the stelvio pass regarding scenery and experience- and is it worth doing both?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 9 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 10 An evening in London
- 11 NYT article
- 12 Sicily help
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 15 Bordeaux to Nice
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 18 "Too Much Cows"
- 19 Alitala
- 20 Athens Help
- 21 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 24 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 25 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
Driving Stelvio Pass in a hire Fiat Grande Punto, is this possible?????