Husband and I intend to drive from Bellagio to Castelrotto via the Stelvio Pass on the 1st june 2012 in our hire car, which will be a Fiat Grande Punto. We are aware the drive (voted one of the best by Top Gear) is steep and full of hair-pin turns but even after seeing pictures and video we cant imagine driving it yet.
For those of you who have driven this road- do you think it is safe enough in a Fiat Grande Punto (with 2 adults and a boot full of luggage)?
Also- a side question, we are also considering on doing the Bernina pass drive, how does this compare to the stelvio pass regarding scenery and experience- and is it worth doing both?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 Brugge hotel help
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 8 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Trip suggestion
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 17 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 International Flight Question
- 21 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 22 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 23 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 Luggage Storage
Driving Stelvio Pass in a hire Fiat Grande Punto, is this possible?????