We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 4 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 5 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 6 Ireland in April
- 7 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 So much to do, so little time!
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 French restaurants
- 18 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Driving in Italy?
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 23 Super Cover For Hertz
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs