We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French election
- 2 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 3 French Election - Questions???
- 4 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 7 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 8 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 9 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 10 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 11 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Leather goods in Florence
- 14 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 15 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report