We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 2 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 3 Alitala
- 4 SE ITALY
- 5 renting
- 6 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 7 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 8 6 Days in Italy
- 9 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 10 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 11 Which Hotel in Rome
- 12 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 13 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 14 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 21 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 22 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 23 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 24 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 25 Helpful Hint