We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 8 Madrid/Lisbon
- 9 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Greek fuel cost
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 14 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 17 Day trips from Florence
- 18 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old