We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 Paris day trips August
- 3 Athens
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 7 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Transportation from Brno train station
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 We're here!
- 19 10 days in Paris and......
- 20 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 21 Moving to Italy
- 22 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 23 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 24 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary