We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 Train travel
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 8 Barcelona - places to stay
- 9 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 10 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 travel fan 220v?
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 First Trip to Paris
- 16 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 17 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 18 B&Bs in Ireland
- 19 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 22 Visiting Zurich
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 25 Switzerland