We will be driving at end of September from Venice to Tasch for Zermatt. We would like to make it a full driving day and take a detour through Aosta and then drive through the Great St. bernard Pass. Based on the research I have done, seems like we can stop for lunch in the small village of Etroubles after Aosta and then continue on E27. Then we will have the option of taking SS27 to take the slower scenic route and not go into the E27 tunnel. Will I be able to keep going on SS27 and then it will connect with E27 in Switzerland fairly soon? Or is the merge from SS27 to E27 so far into Switzerland and that is why Google maps is bringing me back to join E27 before the tunnel? I would prefer to not have to backtrack on SS27 and have to go through the tunnel.
Also, please suggest any must see, must do, must eat kind of feedback for this route.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 2 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 3 Graz in January
- 4 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 5 Threat Level in UK
- 6 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 7 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 8 TIM in FCO - update
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 11 Malaga Spain
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 London Hotel - Different Request
- 14 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 15 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 16 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 17 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 18 Cartagena Spain
- 19 Ibiiza Spain
- 20 Iceland trip report!
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 Seville to Cordoba
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 25 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria