We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 11 Uffizi Phone Number
- 12 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 13 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 14 France Itinerary Advice
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 25 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg