We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kechu: Tec^h SUPP0RT HP PRINTER CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Set up HP Printer*
- 2 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 First visit to London
- 5 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 Naples + Walking Tour
- 9 TIM in FCO - update
- 10 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 14 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 15 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 16 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 17 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 18 Venice gondola ride
- 19 Paris and Normandy
- 20 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 21 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 22 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 23 London and Normandy
- 24 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 25 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?