We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 2 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 3 Spain: train/rental car help
- 4 Budapest Card
- 5 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 6 UK in May and June
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 9 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 10 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 13 Bath/Cotswolds
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 Italy travel plan help
- 20 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 21 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 22 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 23 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 24 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 25 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport