We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 3 Day in Madrid
- 4 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 5 Barcelona and...
- 6 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 7 charming cities in Spain
- 8 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 9 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 10 Travel from Paris to Geneva
- 11 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 12 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 13 What to do in Lefkada, Greece?
- 14 Spain during Holy Week
- 15 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 16 Le Marche Research Help
- 17 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 18 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 19 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 20 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 21 April 2017 -Scandinavia
- 22 Norway itinerary advice needed
- 23 Paris catacombs question
- 24 Octoberfest in Munich How it Works
- 25 Rent a Car or Rail Pass