We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 advice on getting from Cardiff to Germany
- 3 New Data Suggests the Best Time to Book Your Flight is 54 Days in Advance
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Revised itinerary for italy
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 8 Biarritz family holiday
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Lisbon hotel
- 11 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 12 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Italy
- 18 4 Days in Tuscany
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice