We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Insurance on rental car options
- 2 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 24 hours in Paris
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 8 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 9 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 12 tickets for Wimbledon
- 13 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 14 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 18 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 19 Happy birthday ATM
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice