We are planning a vacation in Jun-July of 2015 and put together an approximate driving tour. Please share your thoughts - is this realistic? what we need to know while driving through these countries? cut some stops? We are family of 4, love to drive and make some stops at the small towns and villages. Many people are suggesting taking the train and save the time and money. Do we really save a lot if we travel by train? I drove in France and Italy before, and must say it was unforgettable positive experience. So, here is the plan:
Day 1: leaving Paris in a morning, driving to Geneva (according to google map it's a 5 hours drive)
Day 2 & Day 3 in Geneva
Day 4 morning - drive from Geneva to Bern (2 hours drive)
Day 5 morning - drive from Bern to Baden-Baden, Germany (3 hours drive)
Day 6 & Day 7 - Baden-Baden
Day 8 - Baden-Baden to Paris (6 hours drive)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 2 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 3 Interesting places to visit
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 10 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 11 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years