I just read in the Irish Independent that construction on the M50 through South Dublin starts next month. Speed limits will decrease from 120kph to 60 and it will be cut from 4 to 2 lanes...just in time for me to try and get from Powerscourt Gardens to Slane! Oh, well. Just another part of the adventure. As a native Illinoisan I'm used to near year-round construction so I guess I'll feel right at home! Just wanted to pass on the info so anyone else planning to drive the M50 can allow oodles of extra time...
Driving on the M50 (Ireland)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 4 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 5 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 6 Reims for a day
- 7 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 12 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 13 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 14 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 15 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 16 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 17 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 18 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 19 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 20 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 21 Munich with a car?
- 22 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 23 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 24 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 25 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?