I just read in the Irish Independent that construction on the M50 through South Dublin starts next month. Speed limits will decrease from 120kph to 60 and it will be cut from 4 to 2 lanes...just in time for me to try and get from Powerscourt Gardens to Slane! Oh, well. Just another part of the adventure. As a native Illinoisan I'm used to near year-round construction so I guess I'll feel right at home! Just wanted to pass on the info so anyone else planning to drive the M50 can allow oodles of extra time...
Driving on the M50 (Ireland)
- 1 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 2 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 3 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 4 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 5 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 6 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 7 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 8 Paris Ticket t+
- 9 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 10 Paris museums free admission
- 11 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 12 Am I too fat too travel?
- 13 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 14 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 15 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 16 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 17 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 18 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 19 Do and don't, eating in France
- 20 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 21 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 22 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 23 Escaping Crowds in la Costiera and Cilento...and a brief fling with Naples.
- 24 Italian train question
- 25 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport