My wife and I are in the very early stages of planning a trip to Ireland the last week of May into June for 10-14 days.
Our idea of a vaction is not climbing onto a bus with a pile of others to see the "sights".
Rather we would prefer to rent a car along with a couple of bicycles to have with us and just take our time driving through the country stopping to hike, bike and take in Ireland as it comes.
Ideally we would like to find lodging on a day to day basis so that we are not tied to a specific schedule, route or area. So as a general rule how difficult is it to find lodging this time of year in Ireland? I would rather not have to spend the night(s) sleeping in the car and I'm pretty sure my wife would not like that too much either. I just don't like the idea that if we find an area that we really like and would like to spend more time exlporing we will have to leave just because we already have lodging scheduled farther on down the road.
As far as a route that is very up in the air at this time. Generally though we are looking at traveling the costal areas of the southwest, west and northwest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Direct CONTACT ☎1:844:291:6706 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Kech*YAHOO@TECH*SUPP0RT*CARE*CONTACT*☎*|:800:57O233*Password Rexet
- 3 Edinbrugh
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 6 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 7 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Berlin to ?
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 15 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 16 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 17 Maximizing Norway time
- 18 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 22 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 23 3 days solo in London
- 24 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 25 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?