My wife and I are in the very early stages of planning a trip to Ireland the last week of May into June for 10-14 days.
Our idea of a vaction is not climbing onto a bus with a pile of others to see the "sights".
Rather we would prefer to rent a car along with a couple of bicycles to have with us and just take our time driving through the country stopping to hike, bike and take in Ireland as it comes.
Ideally we would like to find lodging on a day to day basis so that we are not tied to a specific schedule, route or area. So as a general rule how difficult is it to find lodging this time of year in Ireland? I would rather not have to spend the night(s) sleeping in the car and I'm pretty sure my wife would not like that too much either. I just don't like the idea that if we find an area that we really like and would like to spend more time exlporing we will have to leave just because we already have lodging scheduled farther on down the road.
As far as a route that is very up in the air at this time. Generally though we are looking at traveling the costal areas of the southwest, west and northwest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 2 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 3 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 4 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 5 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 6 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 7 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 8 Dublin Leap Card
- 9 vegetarian in spain
- 10 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 11 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 12 Rec for carryon bag - European sized
- 13 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 14 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 15 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 16 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 17 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 18 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 19 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 10 days Berner Oberland, Lake Geneva. Chamonix, yes or no