My wife and I are in the very early stages of planning a trip to Ireland the last week of May into June for 10-14 days.
Our idea of a vaction is not climbing onto a bus with a pile of others to see the "sights".
Rather we would prefer to rent a car along with a couple of bicycles to have with us and just take our time driving through the country stopping to hike, bike and take in Ireland as it comes.
Ideally we would like to find lodging on a day to day basis so that we are not tied to a specific schedule, route or area. So as a general rule how difficult is it to find lodging this time of year in Ireland? I would rather not have to spend the night(s) sleeping in the car and I'm pretty sure my wife would not like that too much either. I just don't like the idea that if we find an area that we really like and would like to spend more time exlporing we will have to leave just because we already have lodging scheduled farther on down the road.
As far as a route that is very up in the air at this time. Generally though we are looking at traveling the costal areas of the southwest, west and northwest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 2 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 7 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 8 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 9 Tracking the Weather
- 10 Italy travel plan help
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 road trip through scotland
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 Wales
- 17 Best Neck Pillow
- 18 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 19 Tieks for travel
- 20 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 23 Where to eat in Rome?
- 24 Thinking about the Fjords
- 25 Posting Packages from Central Europe