My husband and I will be traveling in Italy from Dec. 31, 2013 through February 14, 2014. We have allocated a 7 nights in Montepulciano (Tuscany Region) and 7 nights in Orvieto as a base for travel (Umbria Region). I have been encouraged to rent a vehicle for these regions as I am told the towns are close to each other, the regions are small and driving is not very complicated. I have not yet gotten maps of these areas. Can any traveler advise as to difficult of driving in these areas and finding the towns and villages.
DRIVING IN UMBRIA REGION & TUSCANY REGION
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 4 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 Transportation in Barcelona
- 7 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 8 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 11 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 12 5am arrival in Dublin
- 13 What are the best places to see in England
- 14 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 15 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 16 destination wedding
- 17 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 18 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 19 10 Hours in Brussels
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 22 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 23 Italy
- 24 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 25 Spend a year in the Dolomites