I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 2 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 3 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 4 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 5 Terrorism in Europe
- 6 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 7 London restaurants
- 8 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 9 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 10 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 11 Three weeks holiday in Turkey
- 12 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 13 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 14 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 15 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 16 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass
- 19 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 20 Istanbul water
- 21 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 22 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 23 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 24 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 25 Cinque Terre v Tuscany