I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 2 Itenerary Opinion
- 3 Shoppingin Spain
- 4 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 5 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 6 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 7 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 8 London-Paris solo trip
- 9 Where to stay around Munich
- 10 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 11 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 12 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 13 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 14 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 15 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 16 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 17 Northern Spain
- 18 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 19 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 20 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 21 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 22 French Prem Train Fares
- 23 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 24 Dublin to Dingle?
- 25 To Hampton Court Palace