I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 2 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 Enjoying England for a year!
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 9 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 10 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 11 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 12 SIM card
- 13 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 14 All of Spain or something else..?
- 15 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 16 RENFE error message during payment
- 17 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 18 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 19 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 20 Greece Experts
- 21 Europe itinerary review
- 22 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 23 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 24 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Paris