I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France 8 days
- 2 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 3 Alhambra questions
- 4 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 5 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 9 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 10 Baltic cruise ports
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 13 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 14 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 15 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 18 Back to Provence in 2015
- 19 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 20 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 21 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 22 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 23 Mont St. Michele?
- 24 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 25 Hotels in old Rome