I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Italian Riviera
- 3 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 6 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 7 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 8 Hamam Istanbul?
- 9 Scotland Trip
- 10 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 11 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 First Trip to Europe!
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 17 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 18 visa appointment experience
- 19 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 20 What to take to Germany
- 21 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 24 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 25 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten