I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 2 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 3 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 4 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 5 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 6 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 7 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 8 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Trip to Pyrenees
- 11 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 12 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 13 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 17 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 18 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 19 Vacation Pictures
- 20 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 21 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 22 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 23 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 24 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 25 Purse week?