I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Arriving Athens at night
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 5 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 6 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 7 European travel, what to see?
- 8 Athens airport
- 9 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 10 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 11 please revew provence agenda
- 12 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 13 Lake Como - basta!
- 14 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 15 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 16 Scenic route from Montepuciano to Siena
- 17 Provence and Amalfi Small Town bases
- 18 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 19 Trip Report: Family4travels to Barcelona and Morocco: tapas, Gaudi, tents & tangines
- 20 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 21 4 nights in Tuscany- Pls help with the plan.
- 22 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 23 What train stop in Salerno?
- 24 Norway in November
- 25 Sentimental Journey