I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Firt time VISA applicant
- 5 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 8 Uffizi Phone Number
- 9 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 10 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 11 France Itinerary Advice
- 12 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 13 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Murren to Prague
- 23 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 24 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich