I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 3 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass
- 9 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Athens
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out