I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 2 Netherlands Delta Works
- 3 Wine tour from Verona?
- 4 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 5 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 6 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 7 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 8 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 9 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 10 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 11 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 12 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 13 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 14 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 15 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 16 Visit to Bath and London england
- 17 Southern Italy without a Car
- 18 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 19 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 20 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 21 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 22 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 23 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 24 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?