I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 9 Ireland itinerary help please
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 15 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 16 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 17 First time in Bulgaria
- 18 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 19 Alps Drive
- 20 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 Paris cooking classes
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please