I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 4 Local Tour in Provence?
- 5 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 5am arrival in Dublin
- 8 10 Hours in Brussels
- 9 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 10 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 11 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 14 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 15 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 What are the best places to see in England
- 18 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 19 Transportation in Barcelona
- 20 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 21 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 22 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 25 Day trip from London to Paris