I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan Hotel
- 2 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 3 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 4 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 5 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 6 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 7 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 8 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 9 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 10 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 11 France to Italy advice needed please
- 12 CDG questions
- 13 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 14 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 15 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 18 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 19 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 20 A Week in Spain
- 21 When to buy companion ticket?
- 22 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 23 South of Switzerland
- 24 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 25 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland