I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 2 6 nights in Dublin
- 3 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 4 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 5 returning car at europcar's Des Ternes location in Paris
- 6 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 7 Guys please Help, Italy areas, where to stay. Running out of time.
- 8 Hotel/Hostel Recommendations
- 9 On foot Gibraltar queue
- 10 Charming town in Noway to visit?
- 11 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 12 Stamp from consulate instead of student visa?
- 13 An ambitions plan for Andalusia
- 14 Venice: Shopping Question
- 15 Provence planning
- 16 9 days to visit Paris, London and maybe Florence?!
- 17 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 18 Help with honeymoon itinerary - Paris, Barcelona and South of Spain
- 19 A wonderful month in France
- 20 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 21 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 22 Delta First Class seats- how far in advance should I book?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Galway - Walk to Pubs
- 25 Provence Planning Help