I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, after Christmas
- 2 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 3 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 4 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 5 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 6 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 7 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 7 Cesky Krumlov and Prague
- 8 Prague Trip Report
- 9 iPHone 6 use in Paris, with ATT?
- 10 House/villa in Italy or France
- 11 Paris Christmas Lights...Crowds?
- 12 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 13 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 14 Lunch stop between Lisbon & Seville
- 15 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 16 Sorry, more women's shoes walking in Italy
- 17 On line site to buy football tickets Lazio vs Milan 1 November 2015
- 18 (Frankfurt Airport) Immigration, Luggage & S Bahn at Regional Bahnhoff
- 19 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 20 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 21 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 22 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 23 Shipping Packages
- 24 Initial Trip Planning - Spain
- 25 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!