I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 2 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 3 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 4 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 5 2 Weeks in Paris
- 6 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 7 Christmas in Munich
- 8 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 9 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 10 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 11 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 12 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 13 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 14 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 15 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 16 Raining in rome
- 17 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 20 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 21 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 22 İstanbul Travel guide
- 23 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 24 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 25 Prague - cool & unusual things to see