I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 2 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 3 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 4 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 5 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 6 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 9 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 10 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 11 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 12 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 13 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 14 Best neighborhood for Rome?
- 15 Lucerne Switzerland
- 16 Tipping in the UK
- 17 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 18 at what point should one get health insurance
- 19 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 20 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 21 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 22 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 How many pairs of shoes would you bring for a EuroTrip?
- 25 Which is a better hotel location in Rome