I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Choosing cruise excursion activities on Italy stops with kids
- 2 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 3 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 4 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 5 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 6 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 7 spanish winery region(s)
- 8 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 9 Best places for 21 day family vacay w/ 5 year old?
- 10 Schengen visa
- 11 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 12 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 13 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 14 December in Deutschland
- 15 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 16 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 19 where to stay in Malta
- 20 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 21 3 Wake-up calls
- 22 Fontainebleau - train schedules on a Sunday
- 23 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 24 Yummy Swiss bites
- 25 Feedback on Spain Trip