I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 2 England/Scotland In January questions
- 3 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 4 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 5 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 6 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 7 Holding bags in Paris
- 8 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 9 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 10 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 11 Barcelona to south of France
- 12 Cornwall and Germany
- 13 Edinburgh Questions...
- 14 Place to stay in London
- 15 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 16 SIXT car rental uk
- 17 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 18 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 19 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 20 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 21 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 22 Two one week bases in Sicily
- 23 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?
- 24 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 25 Reserve train tickets Bern to Wengen if already have BO regional pass?