I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 2 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 3 Rue des Rosiers
- 4 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 5 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 6 First Trip to Europe!
- 7 Switzerland in mid-April
- 8 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 9 sfo to europe
- 10 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 13 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 14 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 17 Car rental leaving Rome
- 18 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 19 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 20 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 21 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 22 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 23 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Car Rental in Italy