I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscan cooking school
- 2 DVD players in France
- 3 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 4 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 5 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 6 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 7 Munich accommodations
- 8 Golf Tee Operators Required in Lisbon Coast Region
- 9 Trains
- 10 Two days in Dublin
- 11 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 12 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 13 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 14 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 15 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 16 malaga to madrid train ?
- 17 Italian language classes in Italy
- 18 Italy; cooking schools and lodging
- 19 Cooking Classes in Italy?
- 20 Italy School Holiday Dates Summer 2013
- 21 Best adult Italian language schools in Italy
- 22 Italian Language course in Florence
- 23 Advice on Turkey Itinerary
- 24 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 25 Airb2b in Paris