I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling Jamikins
- 2 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 5 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 6 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 9 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Europe in 21 days
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 15 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 UK for 12 days !
- 20 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 21 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 22 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 23 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 24 London hotel
- 25 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace