I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 rent car / Munich
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 5 How much time to allow from ETA at LHR for car service booking?
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 10 Channel Islands
- 11 question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe
- 12 2 Week European Itinerary
- 13 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 14 Dresden Train Station
- 15 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 16 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 17 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 18 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 23 Chambermaid tipping
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna