I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 air conditioning
- 2 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 3 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 4 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 5 Ann Frank House
- 6 Barcelona Itinerary
- 7 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 8 Munich to Milan via train
- 9 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 10 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 11 Paris Visite pass
- 12 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 13 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 14 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 17 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 18 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 19 Barcelona sites: attire
- 20 Self-driving in Iceland
- 21 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 22 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 23 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 24 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 25 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium