I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Itinerary Help
- 3 T Mobile Does it Again
- 4 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 5 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 6 Hungary itinerary Help
- 7 Dolomites October 14-18
- 8 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 9 Lyon
- 10 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 11 European Championship
- 12 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 13 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 14 Italy by car
- 15 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 16 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 17 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 18 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 19 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 20 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 21 12 days in Austria
- 22 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 23 sim card
- 24 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 25 Can't go to Ravello so....where?