I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 3 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 4 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 5 Lake Maggiore
- 6 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 7 Bootcut jeans
- 8 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 9 Cadiz during Carnival? Other suggestions...
- 10 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 11 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 12 Amsterdam Transit
- 13 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 14 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 15 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 16 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 17 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 18 UK train question
- 19 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 20 Day trip suggestion from London
- 21 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 22 Day Trip near Paris
- 23 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 24 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 25 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?