I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 2 Spending money in Italy?
- 3 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 4 Help! Just 3 nights in CROATIA: where should we go?
- 5 Help! Only a few days in CROTIA: where would you go?
- 6 first family trip to Switzerland
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 9 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 10 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 11 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 12 Vienna.stay in pension.
- 13 Spain for 7 days
- 14 Biking across Europe
- 15 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 16 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 17 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 18 Normandy in October
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 I went to Paris in June
- 21 "Cool" places for dinner in Rome when it's hot
- 22 Paris in October solo - potpourri of questions
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 25 Guesthouses in Dublin