I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 2 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 5 Vigo Spain????
- 6 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 7 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 SURPRISE TRIP
- 11 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 12 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 15 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 16 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 17 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 25 Help with Spain Itinerary