I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://elevategffacts.com/max-testo-xl/
- 2 http://www.healthynutritionfacts.org/coal-cosmetic-moisturizer/
- 3 Scenic Driving Routes
- 4 Andalucia in December
- 5 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 6 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 7 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 8 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 9 Budapest Hotels
- 10 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 11 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 12 First trip to Italy
- 13 Ireland & Scotland
- 14 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 15 London's Must Sights!
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 18 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 19 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 20 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 21 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 22 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 23 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 24 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 25 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april