I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds first time
- 2 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 3 Cornwall or Paris?
- 4 Romanic overnight in Girona
- 5 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 6 Latest Itinerary
- 7 Bella to Rome
- 8 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 9 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 10 Transportation options from Granada Airport to the Alhambra.
- 11 Two Month Europe Trip
- 12 The east coast of Italy
- 13 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 14 What will happen to my ff trip to Italy if Lufthansa strikes?
- 15 First Trip to Europe
- 16 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 17 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 So… anyone shop in BOLOGNA recently?
- 20 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 21 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 22 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 23 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 24 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 25 Traveling to Sorrento Italy and surroundings