I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 2 Vacation
- 3 Walking itinerary in England?
- 4 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 5 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 6 Dog friendly hotels
- 7 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Cambridge in May
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 13 No Periods in British Written English!
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 20 Day trips around Vienna
- 21 Greek fuel cost
- 22 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 23 Killarney
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations