I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 2 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 Italy Countryside
- 5 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 8 French Basque region
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 11 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 12 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 13 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 14 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 15 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 16 biking tours in Italy?
- 17 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 19 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 20 VISA question
- 21 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 22 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 23 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 24 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 25 France,Spain,Italy