I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 2 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 3 Theater in London
- 4 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 5 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 6 Food in Positano
- 7 스위피 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 스위피 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 11 Katyn massacres
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 19 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Italy
- 23 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 Emergencies in Ireland