I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norfolk base
- 2 Berlin restaurant recs
- 3 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 4 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 5 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 6 RFID Protection
- 7 3 days to spend in europe
- 8 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 9 Drinks in Spain
- 10 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 11 12 days europe
- 12 Beaches in Southern France
- 13 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 14 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 15 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 16 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 17 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 18 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 19 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 22 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 23 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 24 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 25 Ali