I'm going to be renting a car at LHR in a few weeks, and renting a cottage in the Cotswolds, doing day trips from there.
I've never driven anywhere except the U.S. and Canada, and just wondering, how easy is it to navigate the roads with no GPS (paper maps and Google map printouts only)?
To give you an idea, we'll be driving from London to Canterbury, then to Stratford-upon-Avon, then doing day trips to Oxford, Bath, and others from our cottage in Devizes (Wiltshire, I think). Any thoughts or advice are really appreciated! Particularly from other Americans who've done the same thing.
Driving in the UK with no GPS
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arctic Circle in December
- 2 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 3 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 6 looking for an app
- 7 phone service
- 8 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 9 Biking (Selg-Guided and/or Guided) in Oxford and Bath
- 10 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 13 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 14 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 17 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 18 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 19 Greece for a month with a baby
- 20 Split to Venice. Help!
- 21 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 22 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 23 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 24 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 25 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?