Have a last minute opportunity to go to Ireland in 3 days! Would be a 10 day trip flying in and out of Shannon and concentrating on southwest Ireland (have been to Dublin on a previous trip). Possible destinations are: Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Rock of Cashel, County Cork and Ring of Kerry and Dingle Pennisula. I usually travel by train in Europe as I don’t know how to drive a stick shift. However it seems like Dingle Pennisula and Ring of Kerry are best by car and I have a few questions: 1) better to get my own car or go on an organized tour of these areas? 2) I heard the traffic is bad in summer on Ring of Kerry – would that be the case at end of May/beginning of June 3) Is it easy to rent an automatic transmission in Ireland? Normally this is not easy in Europe but I thought it might be easier due to the left side drive (in Australia automatics were plentiful since they didn’t want people to have to shift with left hand if not used to it) and 4) in general is it easy to get around this area by train/bus? Thanks!
Driving in SW Ireland
- 1 London at Xmas
- 2 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 3 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 4 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 5 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 6 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 7 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 8 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 9 Planning my days in Paris
- 10 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 11 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 12 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 13 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 14 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 15 Bank of England Museum
- 16 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 19 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 20 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 21 Palermo and Taormina
- 22 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 23 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 24 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 25 Where to stay for one night ???