My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Iceland
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 13 Our future trip to Greece
- 14 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 15 Russia in two weeks in December
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Christmas Day in Granada
- 18 car insurance italy
- 19 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 20 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 21 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 22 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 23 Transylvania - June 2018
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?