My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Driving in Southern (and Northeastern?) France in June
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Belgium
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 More help with housing in Puglia
- 21 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 22 15 days in Europe,
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014