My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 May get together in Paris
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 4 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 5 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 6 Day trips from Florence
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 11 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 12 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 13 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 14 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 15 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 18 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 19 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Rouen Tour Companies
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 Andalucia itinerary help
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 Proposed itinerary for Iceland