My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Driving in Southern (and Northeastern?) France in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 2 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 3 Street food in Turkey
- 4 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 One week in Venice - trips
- 11 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 12 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 13 Scotland
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 17 UK for 12 days !
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 22 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 23 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 24 tour guides in rome
- 25 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?