My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg itinerary review
- 2 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 8 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 14 UK in May and June
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 17 good restaurants in Budapest
- 18 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 19 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 20 Wales
- 21 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 22 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 23 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 24 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!