My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a European Trip
- 2 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 3 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 6 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 7 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 8 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 train or plane
- 14 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 Norway Itinerary
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 21 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 22 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 23 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 24 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 25 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa