My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Limo from Heathrow
- 2 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 3 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 4 Travel WiFi - France
- 5 Spain Trip Report
- 6 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 7 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 8 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 9 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 10 Iceland Trip report
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 13 Seville in late January
- 14 Gelato course in Rome?
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 17 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 18 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 19 My 3 Week Home Exchange in Iceland
- 20 Vineyard stay in Tuscany
- 21 3 days to spend in europe
- 22 Please suggest best itinerary
- 23 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 24 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 25 Berlin restaurant recs