My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 2 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 3 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 4 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 5 Dublin & Stockholm
- 6 Visiting Rungis on October 9, 2015
- 7 Getting from Milan to MXP
- 8 Place to stay in London
- 9 Barcelona to south of France
- 10 Breakfast by Roman Colosseum Suggestions?
- 11 SIXT car rental uk
- 12 Holding bags in Paris
- 13 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 14 England/Scotland In January questions
- 15 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 16 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 17 Cornwall and Germany
- 18 Edinburgh Questions...
- 19 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 20 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 21 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 22 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 23 Nymphenburg Palace in Munich: how much time to allow?
- 24 Two one week bases in Sicily
- 25 Itinerary for 33 days, Portugal-Spain-Morocco, sensible?