My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 2 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 5 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 8 Hilton CPH no loner
- 9 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 10 travel around Spain
- 11 Scotland Trip Report
- 12 French Wedding
- 13 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 14 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 15 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 18 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 19 Wedding in Finland
- 20 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 21 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 22 Cornwall UK
- 23 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 24 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 25 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas