My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Driving in Southern (and Northeastern?) France in June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 2 Living and Studying in Moscow Russia
- 3 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 4 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 5 Venice tourist travel pass
- 6 Need help with Sicilian itineraries
- 7 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 8 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 9 DVD players in France
- 10 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 11 Train from Sarlat
- 12 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 13 Two days in Dublin
- 14 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 15 4 days in Scotland
- 16 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 19 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome
- 20 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 21 Barcelona restaurants
- 22 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 23 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 24 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 25 San Sebastian / Donostia