My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 3 days solo in London
- 7 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 8 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Help on ancient history route
- 11 Chania
- 12 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 13 Now to Madrid
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 16 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 17 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 18 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 19 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 20 Sicily: which coast?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 Edinbrugh