My friend and I will be renting a car for 9 days in early June to travel around southern France. We definitely want to stop in Aix and see the nearby cities (Avignon, Orange, etc) and spend a day or two in the Auvergne region (where we will visit a friend). Our goal is to relax, see the beautiful countryside, visit museums, and experience a few wineries. Any suggestions on how to best use our time?
(Also at one point we were thinking of trying to go to northeastern france, too, but decided it's too much. What are the down sides of cutting out Northeastern France (e.g., strausburg, metz, etc. Any way we could structure our trip to include these destinations?)
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 9 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 15 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 16 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 17 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 18 Acorn TV
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?