I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 2 Terrorism in Europe
- 3 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 4 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 5 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 8 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 10 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 11 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 12 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 13 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 14 2 full days in Paris
- 15 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 16 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 17 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 18 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 19 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 20 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 21 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 22 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 23 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 24 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 25 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre