I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 5 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 6 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 7 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 8 10 days in England
- 9 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 10 Drawing courses in Paris
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 13 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 14 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 15 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 16 Travel phones in France and Italy
- 17 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 18 cell phones in France
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 21 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 22 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 23 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 24 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...