I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 3 Holiday Itinerary
- 4 Car hire
- 5 Ireland driving itinerary
- 6 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 7 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 10 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 11 Naples or Genoa
- 12 Itinerary help please!
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 16 Itinerary Help!
- 17 Visiting the Black Forest
- 18 Barcelona to Morocco
- 19 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 20 Greece itinerary ideas
- 21 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 23 Should I speculate?
- 24 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 25 Barcelona attraction tickets
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?