I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Italy
- 2 What about Basque Country?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 5 Shuttle From Avignon TGV to Avignon Centre
- 6 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 7 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 8 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 9 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 10 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 Sardinia for young travellers
- 13 currency
- 14 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 18 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 19 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 20 European Championship
- 21 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 22 italy itinerary request
- 23 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 24 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 25 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?