I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 2 Italy train question
- 3 Venice - a day open
- 4 Walking in Hamburg
- 5 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 6 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 7 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 10 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 11 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 12 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 13 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 14 16-Day Driving Trip in Sicily
- 15 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 16 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 17 Lake Maggiore
- 18 Norway Fjords
- 19 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 20 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 21 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 22 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 23 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 24 Best Route Belmonte to Pinhao
- 25 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?