I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Long weekend in Albania
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 6 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 7 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 scotland itinerary
- 11 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 14 Hotel in Florence
- 15 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 16 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 17 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 18 Malta - how to do it?
- 19 Using CPAP machine in France
- 20 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 21 Castle Stays in Wales
- 22 Uk and Ireland
- 23 Sao Miguel in November
- 24 Austria Trip Report
- 25 Night Train from Vienna to Venice?
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?