I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 2 Portugal itinerary help
- 3 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 10 day Greek Island trip
- 6 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 7 Need help in travel planning
- 8 French immersion courses in France
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 Puglia or La Langhe
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 Visiting Spain in January
- 13 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 14 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 15 Europe in late January
- 16 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 17 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 18 Paris---baguette question???
- 19 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 20 Scenic Driving Routes
- 21 Berlin
- 22 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 23 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 24 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 25 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?