I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 December in Deutschland
- 2 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 3 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 4 Tips for 2 week travel in Europe of college students
- 5 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 6 Where to stop along the way
- 7 A month in Siena, Italy
- 8 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 9 UNICO CAMPANIA sets new fare structure effective 1/01/2015
- 10 Dublin transportation help
- 11 6-8 Days hiking/biking/enjoying Swiss outdoors
- 12 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 13 8 day outdoorsy Itinerary Help (Lake Geneva, Bernese Oberland)
- 14 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 15 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 16 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 17 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 18 Scotland Highlands
- 19 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 20 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 21 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 22 Best Italian beach with teens
- 23 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 24 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 25 Relaxing destinations?
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?