I am planning a trip to Portugal that includes two days in Manteigas, Serra da Estrela, in Portugal. We live in a tropical country and have NO experience driving in icy roads. I read that this region has steep, tortuous roads, so I was wondering - should we drive at all there or our inexperience could be disastrous? How icy can roads get in January?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cell phone companys
- 2 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 3 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 4 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 5 Beaches in Southern France
- 6 Rome Rental Car
- 7 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 8 3 days with a Swindon base
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 11 Italy for the first time
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 16 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 19 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 20 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 21 Please suggest best itinerary
- 22 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 23 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 24 French lavender and cottages
- 25 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
Driving in Serra da Estrela, Portugal in January - how hard is it?