Hi, I'm going to be doing a trip to Scotland in December, and we are planning on spending a few nights in the highlands (we're thinking Glencoe), leaving from Glasgow. Obviously driving would be the ideal way to get there so we can enjoy the scenic route and stop at our leisure, but what would the road conditions be like in December? I've heard mixed things from the climate reports etc I've looked at. Would we be better off just taking a train, or maybe a bus (for someone who has no experience driving on the left side of the road, or in the snow)? Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Driving in Scotland in December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 2 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 5 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 10 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 American Express
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 Three ferries to Mull
- 17 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 18 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 19 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 20 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 25 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides