I know it might be an obvious question for many, but is it fairly easy to drive in Iceland in the dark.
I am planning my first visit to Iceland in November. I am planning a self-drive trip (for 5 nights) with a base in the outskirts of Reykjavik. However, as there will only be 5 hours daylight, I wonder if it is possible to drive to places before daylight (e.g. Vik) in order to explore the area (e.g. Vik) when day breaks?
Any comments/thoughts/advice would be much appreciated,
Driving in November
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Ireland trip
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 5 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 8 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 9 All Set To Go!!
- 10 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 14 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 15 22 year olds in Europe
- 16 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 17 Granada
- 18 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 19 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 20 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 21 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 22 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy