I know it might be an obvious question for many, but is it fairly easy to drive in Iceland in the dark.
I am planning my first visit to Iceland in November. I am planning a self-drive trip (for 5 nights) with a base in the outskirts of Reykjavik. However, as there will only be 5 hours daylight, I wonder if it is possible to drive to places before daylight (e.g. Vik) in order to explore the area (e.g. Vik) when day breaks?
Any comments/thoughts/advice would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 2 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 3 Praiano
- 4 WiFi, Texting and Email use in Europe
- 5 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 6 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Help please
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 21 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 22 Rome to venice
- 23 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps