I know it might be an obvious question for many, but is it fairly easy to drive in Iceland in the dark.
I am planning my first visit to Iceland in November. I am planning a self-drive trip (for 5 nights) with a base in the outskirts of Reykjavik. However, as there will only be 5 hours daylight, I wonder if it is possible to drive to places before daylight (e.g. Vik) in order to explore the area (e.g. Vik) when day breaks?
Any comments/thoughts/advice would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Amsterdam
- 3 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 4 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 5 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 6 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Scenic cruise advice
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 20 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 24 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras