I know it might be an obvious question for many, but is it fairly easy to drive in Iceland in the dark.
I am planning my first visit to Iceland in November. I am planning a self-drive trip (for 5 nights) with a base in the outskirts of Reykjavik. However, as there will only be 5 hours daylight, I wonder if it is possible to drive to places before daylight (e.g. Vik) in order to explore the area (e.g. Vik) when day breaks?
Any comments/thoughts/advice would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 3 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 4 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 If you had to choose one......
- 8 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 9 Amalfi Coast help
- 10 Paris Metro
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 20 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 21 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden