I know it might be an obvious question for many, but is it fairly easy to drive in Iceland in the dark.
I am planning my first visit to Iceland in November. I am planning a self-drive trip (for 5 nights) with a base in the outskirts of Reykjavik. However, as there will only be 5 hours daylight, I wonder if it is possible to drive to places before daylight (e.g. Vik) in order to explore the area (e.g. Vik) when day breaks?
Any comments/thoughts/advice would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Azores
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 6 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 9 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 10 Prague
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 14 What tips can you give about packing?
- 15 Sim Card Options
- 16 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 17 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 18 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 19 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 20 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 21 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 24 Scotland in 7 Days
- 25 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)