I know it might be an obvious question for many, but is it fairly easy to drive in Iceland in the dark.
I am planning my first visit to Iceland in November. I am planning a self-drive trip (for 5 nights) with a base in the outskirts of Reykjavik. However, as there will only be 5 hours daylight, I wonder if it is possible to drive to places before daylight (e.g. Vik) in order to explore the area (e.g. Vik) when day breaks?
Any comments/thoughts/advice would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 2 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 3 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 4 Venice: Venice: Guided tour for Doge's Palace or Church?
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Istanbul
- 7 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 8 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 9 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 10 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 11 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 12 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 13 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 14 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 15 Amsterdam in August
- 16 My San Sebastian ideas
- 17 Santorini
- 18 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 19 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 20 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 21 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 22 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 23 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 24 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 25 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?