I have read many past itineraries in these forums and have consulted the abundant friendly advice from Morgana in regards to Yorkshire. My family is planning a trip this September (we are last-minute types) and we have one gap in our itinerary to fill. Our first few days will be spent in Manchester/Peak District, and our last few days are in London and New Forest for a wedding. The middle is my question. I really want to check out York, but it seems like that will not make sense in the 2.5 days we have to devote to a third base area. Geographically, it looks like Oxford/Cotswalds make sense. My (British) husband and I have been to Oxford before, and it is beautiful but we are always looking for something new. Other details: we will be driving, and we'll have our two young sons with us.
So my question is: is York worth going slightly out of the way for, for a couple of days? Should we just revisit Oxford? Anything else that makes sense?
Thanks in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 2 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Sicily
- 16 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 17 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 18 car for four adults and four bikes
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 21 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 25 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?