We will be picking up a rental car in Venice around 8:30am on a weekday (mid-September) and driving down to Montelpulciano. We like to visit Florence for a day trip on our way and wanted plan the trip in detail. Hearing that we cannot drive in the city due to restrictions, not sure which way will be the best to follow. Can we drive our car to downtown and park it somewhere? Do we have to leave the car outside of the city, if so, how do we get to the city center? Train station? Any ideas/suggestions? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon Day Trip
- 2 European Cooking Secrets
- 3 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 4 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 5 Verona or Athens?
- 6 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 7 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 8 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 9 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 10 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 11 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 12 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 15 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 16 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 17 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 18 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 19 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 20 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 21 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 22 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 23 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 24 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 25 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!