We will be picking up a rental car in Venice around 8:30am on a weekday (mid-September) and driving down to Montelpulciano. We like to visit Florence for a day trip on our way and wanted plan the trip in detail. Hearing that we cannot drive in the city due to restrictions, not sure which way will be the best to follow. Can we drive our car to downtown and park it somewhere? Do we have to leave the car outside of the city, if so, how do we get to the city center? Train station? Any ideas/suggestions? Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 2 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 3 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 4 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 7 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 8 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 9 Cordoba or Granada?
- 10 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 11 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 12 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 13 Geneva to Munich
- 14 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 15 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 16 Dachstien Ice Caves
- 17 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 18 Iceland itinerary help
- 19 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 20 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 21 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 22 Hertz Never Lost
- 23 2 Days in Bologna
- 24 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 25 St.Malo Suggestions ?