Hi Greece experts!!
My husband and I are planning a 2 1/2 week Greece and Turkey trip in mid-September. First time to those places. We plan to fly into Thessaloniki since it looks to be closer to Meteora than flying into Athens. We then will work our way down to Athens stopping in Delphi. We then will spend a few days in Athens and fly to an island (or 2) for relaxation before heading to Istanbul. Some questions:
1) Is this an advisable route?
2) Can you rent a car at one place and return at another?
3) Are driving conditions pretty safe and well marked?
4) Good suggestions for any other quick stops for photos along the way?
5) Approximate times needed to see and enjoy Meteora & Delphi without feeling rushed?
6) English speaking guide at Delphi?
Driving from Thessaloniki to Meteora, Delphi, and Athens
Hi Greece experts!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 2 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 5 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 6 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 7 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 8 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 9 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 10 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 13 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 14 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 15 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 16 Italy
- 17 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 18 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 19 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 20 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 Positano, Italy
- 23 Nice Video about Poland
- 24 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 25 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience