Hi Greece experts!!
My husband and I are planning a 2 1/2 week Greece and Turkey trip in mid-September. First time to those places. We plan to fly into Thessaloniki since it looks to be closer to Meteora than flying into Athens. We then will work our way down to Athens stopping in Delphi. We then will spend a few days in Athens and fly to an island (or 2) for relaxation before heading to Istanbul. Some questions:
1) Is this an advisable route?
2) Can you rent a car at one place and return at another?
3) Are driving conditions pretty safe and well marked?
4) Good suggestions for any other quick stops for photos along the way?
5) Approximate times needed to see and enjoy Meteora & Delphi without feeling rushed?
6) English speaking guide at Delphi?
Driving from Thessaloniki to Meteora, Delphi, and Athens
Hi Greece experts!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 4 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 5 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 6 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 7 London 2nd time around
- 8 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 9 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 10 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 17 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel