Hi Greece experts!!
My husband and I are planning a 2 1/2 week Greece and Turkey trip in mid-September. First time to those places. We plan to fly into Thessaloniki since it looks to be closer to Meteora than flying into Athens. We then will work our way down to Athens stopping in Delphi. We then will spend a few days in Athens and fly to an island (or 2) for relaxation before heading to Istanbul. Some questions:
1) Is this an advisable route?
2) Can you rent a car at one place and return at another?
3) Are driving conditions pretty safe and well marked?
4) Good suggestions for any other quick stops for photos along the way?
5) Approximate times needed to see and enjoy Meteora & Delphi without feeling rushed?
6) English speaking guide at Delphi?
Driving from Thessaloniki to Meteora, Delphi, and Athens
Hi Greece experts!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 2 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 3 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 4 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 5 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 6 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 7 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 10 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 11 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 12 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 13 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 14 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 17 Scotland day tour
- 18 England sites not to miss
- 19 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Tuscany without a car - towns and walking/hiking holiday
- 22 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 23 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 Casual men's dress in Paris