Hi Greece experts!!
My husband and I are planning a 2 1/2 week Greece and Turkey trip in mid-September. First time to those places. We plan to fly into Thessaloniki since it looks to be closer to Meteora than flying into Athens. We then will work our way down to Athens stopping in Delphi. We then will spend a few days in Athens and fly to an island (or 2) for relaxation before heading to Istanbul. Some questions:
1) Is this an advisable route?
2) Can you rent a car at one place and return at another?
3) Are driving conditions pretty safe and well marked?
4) Good suggestions for any other quick stops for photos along the way?
5) Approximate times needed to see and enjoy Meteora & Delphi without feeling rushed?
6) English speaking guide at Delphi?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 2 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 3 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 4 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 5 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 8 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 9 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 10 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 11 Global Travel Warning...
- 12 What one thing in Paris?
- 13 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 18 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 21 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 22 6 days in Portugal in December
- 23 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 24 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 25 Glastonbury vs Bath
Hi Greece experts!!