I will be driving from Siena to the Florence in mid-September. Have the full day to explore the route. Plan on taking the N222 through the Chianti region. If I were to pick a couple of places to stop on the way what you recommend? There appear to be many nice towns....Castellina, Radda, Greve? I suspect there are many smaller villages that offer great vistas or perhaps a great drive off N222 that I may not have seen reviewing other posts. Lastly, interested in any vineyards along the way for a stop as well. Thank you.
Driving from Siena to Florence -- Places to Stop on the Way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 2 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 5 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 8 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 9 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Five nights in Extremadura
- 13 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 18 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 19 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 24 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 25 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep