I will be driving from Siena to the Florence in mid-September. Have the full day to explore the route. Plan on taking the N222 through the Chianti region. If I were to pick a couple of places to stop on the way what you recommend? There appear to be many nice towns....Castellina, Radda, Greve? I suspect there are many smaller villages that offer great vistas or perhaps a great drive off N222 that I may not have seen reviewing other posts. Lastly, interested in any vineyards along the way for a stop as well. Thank you.
Driving from Siena to Florence -- Places to Stop on the Way?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 VISA question
- 3 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 4 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 7 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 8 France,Spain,Italy
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 12 Schengen Visa Rules
- 13 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 14 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea