Hi. We are flying into Patras, Greece to go to DH's conference in Kalamata in a few weeks. We are wondering if we should spend the night in Patras before attempting the drive down to Kalamata the next day. We are coming from else where in Europe so won't be lagged out and are arriving at 16:55, but according to Michelin even the freeway route is 3-1/2 hours of driving, so it will be dark before we are done for the night. How scarey is the road? Is it scenic enough that we should wait and do it in the light of day anyhow? We are used to driving in Cyprus, so it shouldn't be too much worse, correct? And if the answer is "stay in Patras", does anyone have hotel/restaurant recommendations? Thanks to any and all for your help!
Driving from Patras to Kalamata, Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?