Thanks, all, for your help on my other thread. Now learning more about the areas, I have more detailed logistic questions:
1) How to go from Munich airport to Salzburg? We arrive in Munich from the U.S. on Thurs at 5:30 p.m. Is it easier just to rent a car from the airport to Salzburg for 2 days? If we were to take the regional train, how do we get there from the airport?
2) To drive, how to get an English GPS? Should we get it in in U.S or the car rental place in Germany would have it?
3) To drive in Austria, we do need an International Driver License? What's a convenient place to buy the Austria toll sticker on the drive from Munich to Salsburg?
4) Will traffic out of the airport to Salsburg be bad on Thurs around 7 p.m.?
This will be the first time we're trying to drive in Europe, so any tips you have will be great appreciated! .
Driving from Munich Airport to Salzburg and other logistic questions
- 1 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 4 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 London at Easter
- 14 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 Madrid to Sevilla
- 23 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 24 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped