Thanks, all, for your help on my other thread. Now learning more about the areas, I have more detailed logistic questions:
1) How to go from Munich airport to Salzburg? We arrive in Munich from the U.S. on Thurs at 5:30 p.m. Is it easier just to rent a car from the airport to Salzburg for 2 days? If we were to take the regional train, how do we get there from the airport?
2) To drive, how to get an English GPS? Should we get it in in U.S or the car rental place in Germany would have it?
3) To drive in Austria, we do need an International Driver License? What's a convenient place to buy the Austria toll sticker on the drive from Munich to Salsburg?
4) Will traffic out of the airport to Salsburg be bad on Thurs around 7 p.m.?
This will be the first time we're trying to drive in Europe, so any tips you have will be great appreciated! .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 2 First Time Europe Trip
- 3 Amalfi or Positano
- 4 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 5 Poland in September
- 6 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 7 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 8 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 9 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 10 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 11 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 12 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Tour or independent
- 15 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 16 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 17 Hertz Never Lost
- 18 student in denmark
- 19 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 20 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 21 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Local Paris Restaurants?
Driving from Munich Airport to Salzburg and other logistic questions