Thanks, all, for your help on my other thread. Now learning more about the areas, I have more detailed logistic questions:
1) How to go from Munich airport to Salzburg? We arrive in Munich from the U.S. on Thurs at 5:30 p.m. Is it easier just to rent a car from the airport to Salzburg for 2 days? If we were to take the regional train, how do we get there from the airport?
2) To drive, how to get an English GPS? Should we get it in in U.S or the car rental place in Germany would have it?
3) To drive in Austria, we do need an International Driver License? What's a convenient place to buy the Austria toll sticker on the drive from Munich to Salsburg?
4) Will traffic out of the airport to Salsburg be bad on Thurs around 7 p.m.?
This will be the first time we're trying to drive in Europe, so any tips you have will be great appreciated! .
Driving from Munich Airport to Salzburg and other logistic questions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 3 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 4 Seville hotels
- 5 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 6 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 7 Italy
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 13 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 14 Reims for a day
- 15 Lavender Fields
- 16 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 17 Munich
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Toulouse and beyond -
- 20 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 21 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 22 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 23 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 museum passes in Rome