Thanks, all, for your help on my other thread. Now learning more about the areas, I have more detailed logistic questions:
1) How to go from Munich airport to Salzburg? We arrive in Munich from the U.S. on Thurs at 5:30 p.m. Is it easier just to rent a car from the airport to Salzburg for 2 days? If we were to take the regional train, how do we get there from the airport?
2) To drive, how to get an English GPS? Should we get it in in U.S or the car rental place in Germany would have it?
3) To drive in Austria, we do need an International Driver License? What's a convenient place to buy the Austria toll sticker on the drive from Munich to Salsburg?
4) Will traffic out of the airport to Salsburg be bad on Thurs around 7 p.m.?
This will be the first time we're trying to drive in Europe, so any tips you have will be great appreciated! .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wales
- 2 Paris in early august
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Budapest to Kosice
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 25 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
Driving from Munich Airport to Salzburg and other logistic questions