Thanks, all, for your help on my other thread. Now learning more about the areas, I have more detailed logistic questions:
1) How to go from Munich airport to Salzburg? We arrive in Munich from the U.S. on Thurs at 5:30 p.m. Is it easier just to rent a car from the airport to Salzburg for 2 days? If we were to take the regional train, how do we get there from the airport?
2) To drive, how to get an English GPS? Should we get it in in U.S or the car rental place in Germany would have it?
3) To drive in Austria, we do need an International Driver License? What's a convenient place to buy the Austria toll sticker on the drive from Munich to Salsburg?
4) Will traffic out of the airport to Salsburg be bad on Thurs around 7 p.m.?
This will be the first time we're trying to drive in Europe, so any tips you have will be great appreciated! .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Need help in travel planning
- 3 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 4 Puglia or La Langhe
- 5 French immersion courses in France
- 6 Munich
- 7 Paris---baguette question???
- 8 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 9 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 10 Vienna or Budapest?
- 11 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 12 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 13 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 14 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 15 Italy/Greece with kids
- 16 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 19 10 day Greek Island trip
- 20 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 21 Portugal itinerary help
- 22 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 23 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 24 Lisbon NYE
- 25 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
Driving from Munich Airport to Salzburg and other logistic questions