Thanks, all, for your help on my other thread. Now learning more about the areas, I have more detailed logistic questions:
1) How to go from Munich airport to Salzburg? We arrive in Munich from the U.S. on Thurs at 5:30 p.m. Is it easier just to rent a car from the airport to Salzburg for 2 days? If we were to take the regional train, how do we get there from the airport?
2) To drive, how to get an English GPS? Should we get it in in U.S or the car rental place in Germany would have it?
3) To drive in Austria, we do need an International Driver License? What's a convenient place to buy the Austria toll sticker on the drive from Munich to Salsburg?
4) Will traffic out of the airport to Salsburg be bad on Thurs around 7 p.m.?
This will be the first time we're trying to drive in Europe, so any tips you have will be great appreciated! .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Train help for Prague
- 3 Germany train help!
- 4 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 5 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 9 Acropolis Athens
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 12 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 17 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 18 Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 22 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
Driving from Munich Airport to Salzburg and other logistic questions