We are celebrating out honeymoon by traveling to Italy. We arrive in Milan at around 9 am early May. We are picking up a rental car and driving the A1 to Tuscany for a few days then to Rome. We want to know if there are great stops off the highway on our way down to Tuscany. Our check in times at our villa isnt until 4pm. Also we wanted to know if its worth it to take backroads down instead of the highway.
Driving from Milan to Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 Toulouse and beyond -
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 Munich with a car?
- 6 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 9 Day trip on the Rhine
- 10 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 11 Germany-berlin marathon
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 museum passes in Rome
- 14 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 17 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 18 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 19 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 20 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 21 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 22 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 25 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey