We are celebrating out honeymoon by traveling to Italy. We arrive in Milan at around 9 am early May. We are picking up a rental car and driving the A1 to Tuscany for a few days then to Rome. We want to know if there are great stops off the highway on our way down to Tuscany. Our check in times at our villa isnt until 4pm. Also we wanted to know if its worth it to take backroads down instead of the highway.
Driving from Milan to Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 5 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 6 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 7 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 8 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 9 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 12 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 13 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 Southern Ireland Help
- 18 Bologna tips
- 19 London and Where Else in late December?
- 20 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 21 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 22 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 23 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 24 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 25 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?