We are celebrating out honeymoon by traveling to Italy. We arrive in Milan at around 9 am early May. We are picking up a rental car and driving the A1 to Tuscany for a few days then to Rome. We want to know if there are great stops off the highway on our way down to Tuscany. Our check in times at our villa isnt until 4pm. Also we wanted to know if its worth it to take backroads down instead of the highway.
Driving from Milan to Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 2 Advice for Sept trip to Ireland?
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 4 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 5 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 6 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 7 Hamam in Istanbul
- 8 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 9 week in calabria
- 10 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 11 London hotel tax is 20%
- 12 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 13 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 14 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 15 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 18 Aaah...Umbria!
- 19 bed and breakfasts
- 20 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 21 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 22 Input on VRBO apartment in the Gracia area
- 23 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 24 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 25 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help