We will be flying in to Milan but need to get to Turin the same evening. Instead of taking the train, we thought about renting a car in Milan and just driving since we will need a mode of transportation to get us up to Pont Canavese the day or two after we arrive. Everything I have read about driving in Italy has me concerned about driving anywhere but in the countryside and I have no idea what the terrain is between Milan and Turin. So, is it a good idea or a bad idea to rent a car in Milan and just drive to Turin?
Driving from Milan to Turin - good idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 2 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 3 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 6 Paris to Provence in 3 days ideas?
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 9 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 10 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 11 Europe in December for 10 days
- 12 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 13 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 14 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 15 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 16 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 The "Perfect week" in Sicily???
- 21 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 22 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 25 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!