We will be flying in to Milan but need to get to Turin the same evening. Instead of taking the train, we thought about renting a car in Milan and just driving since we will need a mode of transportation to get us up to Pont Canavese the day or two after we arrive. Everything I have read about driving in Italy has me concerned about driving anywhere but in the countryside and I have no idea what the terrain is between Milan and Turin. So, is it a good idea or a bad idea to rent a car in Milan and just drive to Turin?
Driving from Milan to Turin - good idea?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 2 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 3 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 4 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 5 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 6 Renting an apt.
- 7 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 8 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!
- 9 Best london location to stay?
- 10 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 11 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 12 A guide to Madrid
- 13 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 14 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 15 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 16 VIGO, SPAIN
- 17 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 18 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 19 Potential trip - Balkans
- 20 Scotland and northern England
- 21 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 22 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 23 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 24 Bus Croatia
- 25 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).