I will be spending a week or so in the Lisbon area this July, and will then need to deliver a car back to Madrid. My companions and I will actually have several days to get from Lisbon to Madrid. (At least 3 days, possibly up to 6). The drive itself could easily be accomplished in half a day, but we would love to make a true roadtrip out of this. I would love recommendations for any stops/side-trips we could make in the region. We are two young couples who love food, drink, and history. Thank you!
Driving from Lisbon to Madrid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 3 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 5 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 6 London 2nd time around
- 7 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 8 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 9 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 10 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 11 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 12 2 weeks in Europe
- 13 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 14 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 15 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 16 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 17 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 18 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 21 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 22 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 23 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 24 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 25 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3