Hi, will be visiting the UK in July to visit my daughter who is studying at Oxford this summer. We will be flying into Heathrow, and want to rent a car while we are there to do some driving trips around the region. Would it make more sense for us to rent a car at Heathrow and drive to Oxford - or to take the bus to Oxford and rent a car there? One concern I have is if I will be in any shape to make the drive after an overnight flight, particularly on the left side of the road and particularly if it is a high traffic trip (I have driven in Paris and a lot of major areas). Any thoughts, suggestions or experiences would be welcome! TIA!
Driving from Heathrow to Oxford
- 1 Italian train question
- 2 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 3 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 4 Best area to stay in Rome
- 5 Escaping Crowds in la Costiera and Cilento...and a brief fling with Naples.
- 6 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 7 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 8 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 9 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 10 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 11 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 12 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 13 Do and don't, eating in France
- 14 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 15 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 16 Getting the best our of Europe
- 17 Rome apartment
- 18 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 19 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 20 Yet another train question......
- 21 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 22 london travelcrard
- 23 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 24 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 25 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?