Good morning all,
This is my first post, so I hope it goes well. My family is planning a 10+/- day trip for the upcoming summer(May,June 2017). We are looking for route advice,duration of trip, things to do to help guide our adventure and anything else helpful for our planning. My family will consist of myself, my wife, our young son (will be 1yr old for the trip, great traveling so far) and a grandmother. We all enjoy the city(museums,historical structures, dinning, breweries ect.)as well as the outdoors (hiking,biking,rafting, geocaching).My wife and I have travelled Europe before in a similar fashion, but we didn't have our son at that time(Advice on traveling with a little one welcome also). So! We would like to explore as much of England(start From london) driving up to Scotland(not sure where to). We have read pretty so-so, to avoid completely comments about the drive, which is why we're reaching out for advice. We are open to taking the train if it has advantages. Keep in mind we actually enjoy driving and plan on keeping it light, about 4 or so hours per day). We would like to mix in some of everything(mountain biking especially,lake district and somewhere in Scotland) and some local happenings (any festivals, sports event (football match) or things of that nature) into the trip. For some events we will be able to leave baby with grandma for a few hours(mountain biking). We don't want to rush to too many places and would like a place where we spend more than 1 night exploring sprinkled in here and there if possible. After the drive up and around Scotland we are thinking of flying back to London to prepare for our journey back home (USA). We would like to have a day in London at the start, and a day before we depart to explore London. So, we need some help with to find some highlights or can't miss places along the way to help guide us. Hope that wasn't too much info, but enough to allow for some great advice we can incorporate to our first family trip. Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milos beach stay
- 2 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 3 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 4 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 5 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 6 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 7 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 8 Driving in Wales
- 9 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 SURPRISE TRIP
- 14 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 15 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 16 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 17 One day around Lake Brienz
- 18 Bayeux Restaurants
- 19 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 20 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 21 Best Viking Sites
- 22 Language to use in Belgium
- 23 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 24 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 25 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
Good morning all,