Good morning all,
This is my first post, so I hope it goes well. My family is planning a 10+/- day trip for the upcoming summer(May,June 2017). We are looking for route advice,duration of trip, things to do to help guide our adventure and anything else helpful for our planning. My family will consist of myself, my wife, our young son (will be 1yr old for the trip, great traveling so far) and a grandmother. We all enjoy the city(museums,historical structures, dinning, breweries ect.)as well as the outdoors (hiking,biking,rafting, geocaching).My wife and I have travelled Europe before in a similar fashion, but we didn't have our son at that time(Advice on traveling with a little one welcome also). So! We would like to explore as much of England(start From london) driving up to Scotland(not sure where to). We have read pretty so-so, to avoid completely comments about the drive, which is why we're reaching out for advice. We are open to taking the train if it has advantages. Keep in mind we actually enjoy driving and plan on keeping it light, about 4 or so hours per day). We would like to mix in some of everything(mountain biking especially,lake district and somewhere in Scotland) and some local happenings (any festivals, sports event (football match) or things of that nature) into the trip. For some events we will be able to leave baby with grandma for a few hours(mountain biking). We don't want to rush to too many places and would like a place where we spend more than 1 night exploring sprinkled in here and there if possible. After the drive up and around Scotland we are thinking of flying back to London to prepare for our journey back home (USA). We would like to have a day in London at the start, and a day before we depart to explore London. So, we need some help with to find some highlights or can't miss places along the way to help guide us. Hope that wasn't too much info, but enough to allow for some great advice we can incorporate to our first family trip. Thanks for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 favorite app for converting US $$
- 2 Trip in September
- 3 SNCF - low price for summer
- 4 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 5 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 6 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 7 Best of Norway
- 8 a week in Lombardia
- 9 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 10 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 11 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 12 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 13 One week in London with kids
- 14 Light weight small converter?
- 15 Positano Surprise
- 16 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 17 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 18 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 19 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 22 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 23 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 24 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 25 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
Good morning all,