I have searched extensively online, and cannot find ANYTHING on this topic!
Thinking of traveling to Italy end of September. We want to spend about 2 weeks and go from Cinque Terre to Amalfi by car. We are thinking of flying into Milan, spending a day or two there, then catching a train to Cinque Terre, spending about 2 nights over there, and then renting a car and driving to Amalfi We want to take a scenic route ( coastal) and stop in some small villages along the way. I anticipate the drive to take 3-4 days ( leisurely). However, i can't seem to find any recommendations on driving routes, and suggestions for which coastal towns to see. Any suggestions? Also looking for recommendations for travel books with this information.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 2 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 3 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 4 European Cooking Secrets
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Travel vs. Babies
- 7 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 8 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 9 CDG much improved
- 10 London tour and theatre ideas
- 11 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 12 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 13 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 England and Wales by public transport
- 16 Italy's central lakes!
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 19 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 20 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 21 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 22 Travel help
- 23 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 24 20 Days in Europe
- 25 Live music or Theater over Christmas and New Years?