My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 2 Photographer in Paris?
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 First visit to France in November
- 6 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 7 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 8 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 9 Hey Fodor's
- 10 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 11 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 12 Advice please...
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 15 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 16 Which hotel in London?
- 17 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 18 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 19 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 20 19 countries in a day
- 21 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 22 Venice; recommendations
- 23 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 24 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal