My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 2 italy itinerary
- 3 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 4 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 5 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 6 Local markets in Italy
- 7 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 8 cell phone companys
- 9 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 10 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 11 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 12 Beaches in Southern France
- 13 Where in Paris?
- 14 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 15 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 16 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 17 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 18 Guides - Matera
- 19 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 20 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 21 Spain Itinerary Help
- 22 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 23 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 24 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 25 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details