My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 2 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 3 Carcassonne or St Guilhem le Desert?
- 4 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 5 Spain Andalusia Itinerary Advice
- 6 May or September Andulucia/Munich
- 7 Paris---baguette question???
- 8 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 9 What type of visa is right for me?
- 10 CDG to the 10th on Friday afternoon for 6
- 11 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 12 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 13 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 14 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 15 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 16 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 17 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 18 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 19 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 20 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 21 Vienna to Bratislava
- 22 a loss about Paris
- 23 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 24 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 25 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe