My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 3 20 days in Germany
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 7 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 8 Air pollution in Paris
- 9 France, Italy and Greec
- 10 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 11 Rome---August and September
- 12 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 13 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 14 Help With Vienna
- 15 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 16 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 17 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 18 South of France November Trip Report
- 19 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 22 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 23 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 24 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014