My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete- anyone done the Eastern end lately?
- 2 a starting itinerary
- 3 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 4 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 5 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 6 Suggestions on traveling from Palermo, Sicily to Munich, Germany
- 7 Small-group day tours from London?
- 8 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 9 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 10 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 11 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 England/Scotland in January?
- 14 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 15 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra
- 16 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 17 Budapest main train station status
- 18 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 19 Packing for Croatia (23 days Sept-Oct)
- 20 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 21 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 22 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 23 Back from a great trip !!
- 24 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 25 Blackpool Illuminations - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Sep 4 - Nov 8, 2105