My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 2 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 3 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 4 Amsterdam restaurants
- 5 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 6 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 7 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 8 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 9 9 days in switzerland
- 10 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 11 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 12 Greece for a month with a baby
- 13 Wine tour in Chianti
- 14 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 15 Slovenia itinerary
- 16 Colosseum day or Night Tour
- 17 Europcar at vienna airport
- 18 Bus ride to Positano
- 19 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 20 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 21 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 22 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 23 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 24 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 25 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia