My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 2 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 5 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 6 Glowing epidermis– Some women have stated
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 6 days in Portugal in December
- 9 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 10 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 11 What one thing in Paris?
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 14 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 15 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 16 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 20 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 21 Holiday in Austria
- 22 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 23 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 24 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 25 Retiring to Southern France