My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 3 week in scotland
- 4 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 5 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 6 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 9 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 10 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 13 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 14 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 15 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 19 venice, italy
- 20 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Where to go in France mid July?
- 23 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 24 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 25 A guide to Madrid