My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 3 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 4 Paris in black and white
- 5 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 6 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 7 Terrorism in Europe
- 8 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 9 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 10 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 11 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 12 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 13 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 14 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 15 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 16 Mama Mia Italy!
- 17 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 18 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 19 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 20 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 21 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 22 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 23 Grad Schools in London?
- 24 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 25 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking