My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 Lake Como,Italy
- 3 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 4 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 5 People visiting Slovenia
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 Language to use in Belgium
- 9 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Germany-Car or Train
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Brussels flower tapestry
- 14 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 15 Places to visit from Zurich
- 16 SURPRISE TRIP
- 17 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 18 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini