My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 2 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 8 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 American Express
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 14 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 15 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 16 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 17 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 18 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Which european city?
- 21 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 22 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 23 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence