My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 2 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 3 Ravello to Paestum
- 4 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 5 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 6 London Itinerary and Questions
- 7 MiFi in Italy
- 8 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 9 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 10 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 11 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 12 Barcelona completely overrated
- 13 French lavender and cottages
- 14 What Greek islands should I visit
- 15 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 16 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 17 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 18 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 19 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Spain Itinerary Help
- 22 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 23 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 24 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 25 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers