My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence to Nice driving
- 2 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 3 Transportation from Spain to Portugal
- 4 holiday problem in Budapest
- 5 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 6 When and how to book for a trip?
- 7 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 8 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 9 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 10 Sicily or Rome
- 11 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 12 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 13 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 14 Lake Como by travel around by sailboat?
- 15 Lake Como - basta!
- 16 Advice on Renting a Car in Italy
- 17 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 18 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 19 Italy
- 20 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 21 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 22 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 23 German Train travel
- 24 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 25 Day tour in Kilkenny