My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 2 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 3 Eating in University cafeterias
- 4 Does this sound feasible?
- 5 Mama Mia Italy!
- 6 Bike touring in France
- 7 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 8 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 9 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 10 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 11 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 12 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 13 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 14 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 15 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 16 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 17 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 18 Majorca - where to stay?
- 19 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 20 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 21 Dordogne in October
- 22 iPhone Sim Data Question (UK, Italy, France)
- 23 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 24 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!