My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 2 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 3 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 6 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 7 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 8 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 9 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 10 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 11 Tuscany Trip
- 12 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 13 12-14 nights enough ?
- 14 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 15 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 16 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 19 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 20 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 21 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 22 Need help with my itinerary
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents