My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 2 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 3 Easter in Tuscany - which town to stay?
- 4 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 5 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 6 Classical Music in Milan
- 7 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 8 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 13 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 14 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 15 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 16 Where to spend Easter in Portugal
- 17 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 18 Sienna with kids
- 19 5 Days Galway, Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher
- 20 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 21 Tour or independent
- 22 Vet my itinerary
- 23 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 24 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 25 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais