My Dad and I are flying to Bordeaux early July and planning on meandering down through SW France arriving in San Sebastien and then exploring the Spanish Basque region. We have 2 weeks. I would ideally like to reach Madrid before flying back to London.
a) is all of this feasible or will it be a lot to cover?
b) I have not had any luck securing a campervan which was our initial thought to keep costs down- any suggestions on companies I could try?
c) if we choose to go with the car option I wonder if anyone can recommend low cost accommodation...I have heard "auberges" mentioned- ?
d) maybe we could rent a van once in Spain?
Haven't decided if we will stick to the coast and travel E5/E70 route or go bit more inland on E7.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. !!!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hours for Accademia -- Florence
- 2 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 3 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 4 Help in Planning Train Schedule Milan/Florence/Rome/Milan
- 5 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 6 Referendum in Greece
- 7 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 8 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 9 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 10 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 11 Riviera roadtrip
- 12 Paris Visite pass
- 13 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 14 Day trips from Monaco
- 15 Rail Itinerary around Northern/Central Italy
- 16 More concise itinerary-Rome, Tuscany, Paris
- 17 Any experience with ebookers.com or mobissimo.com?
- 18 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 19 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 20 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 21 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 22 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 23 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 24 Our Paris plans
- 25 St. Petersburg plus