My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe next May (2013). We are contemplating flying to Barcelona and spending a few days. We'd like to rent a car and spend a couple of weeks driving to Venice thru southern France and into Italy, perhaps trying a self-guided walking tour on the Italian coast south of Genoa. We want to turn the car in at Venice, and spend a few days there before flying home. I have driven in Europe many times, although not for 30 years. I'm sure things have changed some! My wife has never been there, and I'm looking forward to having her experience Europe. We are in our mid-60's. Any advice on places to stay, sightseeing ideas, car rental or flying tips to reduce expenses, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London visit
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 4 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 5 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 6 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 7 London 2nd time around
- 8 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 9 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 10 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 11 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 12 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 17 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel