My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe next May (2013). We are contemplating flying to Barcelona and spending a few days. We'd like to rent a car and spend a couple of weeks driving to Venice thru southern France and into Italy, perhaps trying a self-guided walking tour on the Italian coast south of Genoa. We want to turn the car in at Venice, and spend a few days there before flying home. I have driven in Europe many times, although not for 30 years. I'm sure things have changed some! My wife has never been there, and I'm looking forward to having her experience Europe. We are in our mid-60's. Any advice on places to stay, sightseeing ideas, car rental or flying tips to reduce expenses, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Medieval Tallinn
- 2 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 3 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 7 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 10 15 days in Europe,
- 11 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 12 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 13 Spain - Andalucia
- 14 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 15 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 16 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 17 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia