My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe next May (2013). We are contemplating flying to Barcelona and spending a few days. We'd like to rent a car and spend a couple of weeks driving to Venice thru southern France and into Italy, perhaps trying a self-guided walking tour on the Italian coast south of Genoa. We want to turn the car in at Venice, and spend a few days there before flying home. I have driven in Europe many times, although not for 30 years. I'm sure things have changed some! My wife has never been there, and I'm looking forward to having her experience Europe. We are in our mid-60's. Any advice on places to stay, sightseeing ideas, car rental or flying tips to reduce expenses, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Touring Dover Castle
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 4 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 5 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 6 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 7 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 8 Cell phones in Ireland
- 9 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 10 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 11 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 12 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 15 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 7 Nights in Paris
- 18 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 19 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 20 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 3 weeks in Europe
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice