My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 2 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 3 Southern Europe Trip for New Travelers
- 4 Dordogne Trip Report
- 5 Todi as a stopover?
- 6 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 7 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 8 Vacationing alone in Paris, Switzerland, Croatia and Russia 2016
- 9 Driver from Rome Fiumincio Airport to Ostia
- 10 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 11 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 12 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 13 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 14 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 15 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 16 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 17 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 18 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 19 Tuscany Country Side OR Swiss Alps on bernina express in 1 day
- 20 Spanish air controllers strikes in June 2015
- 21 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 22 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 23 Day Trip from London
- 24 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 25 Provence Restaurant Suggestions