My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 13 Paris to Italy
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 16 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 17 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT