My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental/return near London
- 2 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 3 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 4 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 5 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 6 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 7 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 8 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 9 A week driving in Bavaria
- 10 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 11 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 12 Camino Redux
- 13 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 16 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 17 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 18 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Trans-Siberia Train
- 23 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 24 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 25 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station