My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Driving from Barcelona to San Sebastian (3 days)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 3 Spain traffic tickets
- 4 Reputable Tours
- 5 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 6 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 9 Southern Spain
- 10 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 11 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 14 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 15 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 16 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 17 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 18 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 19 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 20 Portugal Trip
- 21 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 24 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 25 Salzburg and day trips