My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 2 Sicily or Rome
- 3 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 4 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 5 Italy
- 6 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 7 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 8 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 9 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 10 When and how to book for a trip?
- 11 Provence to Nice driving
- 12 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 13 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 14 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 15 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 16 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 17 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 18 France to stop making foie grois
- 19 Small detour from Paris
- 20 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 21 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 22 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 23 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 24 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 25 please revew provence agenda