My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 2 French immersion courses in France
- 3 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 4 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 5 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 6 Paris---baguette question???
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Europe in late January
- 9 Fast Trak service at SVO airport
- 10 Berlin
- 11 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 12 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 13 Where to stay in London?
- 14 What type of visa is right for me?
- 15 Visiting Spain in January
- 16 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 17 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 18 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 19 Loving Lisbon
- 20 Booking hotels before trains
- 21 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 22 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 23 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 RHK's Fall escape