My wife and I are planning a last minute trip to San Sebastian, where we will be staying for 4 - 5 nights. We are getting in at Barcelona on August 23rd and have hotel bookings starting in SS on Aug 26th which gives us 3 days of driving -- how amazing is that
So we have read up on other posts on the same topic but every post i read makes it sound better than the previous one and at this moment we are totally confused!
We are late twenties couple, and are going to SS mostly for the food -- the restaurants all sound amazing and with a bit of luck we have managed to make bookings at Akellare, Arzac and Mugaritz..
For the drive itself, we want to take a leisurely scenic route through the mountains and are keen to stay in smaller villages/towns with great food. Also open to exploring the French side which again brings a multitude of options.
This is also our first trip to Spain and am not sure to be honest when we will be able to do this sort of drive again -- so any ideas welcome! any highlights of the places you recommend would be super helpful in us narrowing down our options..
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 4 Spain - day driver advice
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 8 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 12 Greece
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 15 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Stuck in Paris
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal
- 20 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 24 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 25 Paris hotel