My wife and I are excited to be attending the Monaco Grand Prix this year (race day May 29), headquartering in Antibes. After living it up at Sunday's race, we are scheduled to pick up a rental car Monday morning (in Antibes) for the drive to Chamonix. My wife thinks the drive may be a bit ambitious (considering the fatigue we may be feeling after a busy and exciting weekend). Following the advice of our Rick Steves guidebook, it looks like the best route may involve la Route Napoleon, following signs for Digne, Sisteron, and Grenoble. Has anyone done this drive? Realistically, how long should it take? We're trying to decide if we should stay an extra night in Antibes for R & R, stop overnight somewhere between Antibes and Chamonix, or just figure it's a reasonable drive and we'll get it done, no problem.
Driving from Antibes to Chamonix--we need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 7 Nights in Paris
- 4 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 5 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 6 Cell phones in Ireland
- 7 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 8 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 11 Priceline for London hotels
- 12 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 13 Ireland itinerary
- 14 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Fjords, How To?
- 17 Istanbul Itinerary
- 18 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 19 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 20 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 23 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 24 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 25 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person