My wife and I are excited to be attending the Monaco Grand Prix this year (race day May 29), headquartering in Antibes. After living it up at Sunday's race, we are scheduled to pick up a rental car Monday morning (in Antibes) for the drive to Chamonix. My wife thinks the drive may be a bit ambitious (considering the fatigue we may be feeling after a busy and exciting weekend). Following the advice of our Rick Steves guidebook, it looks like the best route may involve la Route Napoleon, following signs for Digne, Sisteron, and Grenoble. Has anyone done this drive? Realistically, how long should it take? We're trying to decide if we should stay an extra night in Antibes for R & R, stop overnight somewhere between Antibes and Chamonix, or just figure it's a reasonable drive and we'll get it done, no problem.
Driving from Antibes to Chamonix--we need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 4 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 5 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 6 Berlin from Rostock?
- 7 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 8 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 9 Is this the right way<>?
- 10 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 11 Art in Paris
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 14 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 15 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 16 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 17 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 18 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 19 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 20 Hotels that we found special
- 21 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 22 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 23 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Great London Bars with a view