My wife and I are excited to be attending the Monaco Grand Prix this year (race day May 29), headquartering in Antibes. After living it up at Sunday's race, we are scheduled to pick up a rental car Monday morning (in Antibes) for the drive to Chamonix. My wife thinks the drive may be a bit ambitious (considering the fatigue we may be feeling after a busy and exciting weekend). Following the advice of our Rick Steves guidebook, it looks like the best route may involve la Route Napoleon, following signs for Digne, Sisteron, and Grenoble. Has anyone done this drive? Realistically, how long should it take? We're trying to decide if we should stay an extra night in Antibes for R & R, stop overnight somewhere between Antibes and Chamonix, or just figure it's a reasonable drive and we'll get it done, no problem.
Driving from Antibes to Chamonix--we need some advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 8 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 9 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 16 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 17 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Mycenae Documentary
- 24 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 25 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male