We are driving from Geneva, Switzerland in July to Siena, Italy. We need to do this drive in 1 day and it looks like the route that google maps takes us through is a bit of France - Chamonix Mont Blanc then on to Alessandria, Italy, Piacenza, Parma, Modena ( bypasses it ), then Bologna ( bypasses). Has anyone driven from Geneva to the Tuscany area and is this the route they would take? Do you know what the tolls are like ( approximately??)? Is it a difficult drive ( we drive from Calgary to Vancouver a lot through the Rockies so would it be like that) through the mountainess part? Thanks for your help!
Driving Directions/tolls from Geneva, Switz.-Siena, Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy French pashmina scarves on line?
- 2 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 3 Europe in winter
- 4 Best day trips from Paris
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 8 Air France strike
- 9 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 10 Bodrum to instanbul
- 11 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 12 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 13 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 Questions About Croatia
- 16 Croatia and Venice "good value" restaurants; getting to/from Plitvice lakes
- 17 Scottish Passport
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
- 20 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 21 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 22 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 23 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 24 See You In Minsk
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?