We are driving from Geneva, Switzerland in July to Siena, Italy. We need to do this drive in 1 day and it looks like the route that google maps takes us through is a bit of France - Chamonix Mont Blanc then on to Alessandria, Italy, Piacenza, Parma, Modena ( bypasses it ), then Bologna ( bypasses). Has anyone driven from Geneva to the Tuscany area and is this the route they would take? Do you know what the tolls are like ( approximately??)? Is it a difficult drive ( we drive from Calgary to Vancouver a lot through the Rockies so would it be like that) through the mountainess part? Thanks for your help!
Driving Directions/tolls from Geneva, Switz.-Siena, Italy
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Three for the road
- 2 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 3 Car in Prague
- 4 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 5 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 8 Public transport from Ostuni
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Prague - must see
- 11 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 12 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 13 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 14 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 15 Internet in Vienna, Budapest, Krakow and Prague
- 16 is train travel okay between prague to vienna
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 19 Hotels In Prague in Old Town, Less Quarter, Castle Area or New Town
- 20 One more last question on Bayeux
- 21 Prague: hotels Golden Well vs Pachtuv Palace? anyone there recently?
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 24 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 25 5 days in Granada - Seville?