On Sunday, 22 June 2014 I'll be driving from Cardiff to Nottingham with 2 teenage girls, stopping in Hay-on-Wye to browse bookshops. Viamichelin.com says drive is 188 miles and 4h 22m driving, which really means a marathon day, right? Will it be easy to find lunch in Hay-on-Wye on Sunday? Suggestions for stops to stretch and have a quick look around? Michelin's route goes through Swainshill, Stretton Sugwas, Hereford, Holmer, Bransford, Rushwick, Whittington, on M5 and M42 around Birmingham, and Clifton to Nottingham. What times should we avoid Birmingham for rush hour? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Driving Cardiff to Nottingham in 1 day via Hay-on-Wye w/2 teenage girls
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 5 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 Paris in black and white
- 10 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 11 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 12 Hey Fodor's
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 15 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 16 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 17 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 18 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 19 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 20 Advice please...
- 21 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 22 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 23 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 24 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 25 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland