On Sunday, 22 June 2014 I'll be driving from Cardiff to Nottingham with 2 teenage girls, stopping in Hay-on-Wye to browse bookshops. Viamichelin.com says drive is 188 miles and 4h 22m driving, which really means a marathon day, right? Will it be easy to find lunch in Hay-on-Wye on Sunday? Suggestions for stops to stretch and have a quick look around? Michelin's route goes through Swainshill, Stretton Sugwas, Hereford, Holmer, Bransford, Rushwick, Whittington, on M5 and M42 around Birmingham, and Clifton to Nottingham. What times should we avoid Birmingham for rush hour? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Driving Cardiff to Nottingham in 1 day via Hay-on-Wye w/2 teenage girls
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 2 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 3 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 4 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 5 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 6 Hotel in Rome?
- 7 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 8 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 9 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 Favorite hotels
- 13 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 14 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 15 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 16 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 19 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 20 Message for Ackislander
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?