On Sunday, 22 June 2014 I'll be driving from Cardiff to Nottingham with 2 teenage girls, stopping in Hay-on-Wye to browse bookshops. Viamichelin.com says drive is 188 miles and 4h 22m driving, which really means a marathon day, right? Will it be easy to find lunch in Hay-on-Wye on Sunday? Suggestions for stops to stretch and have a quick look around? Michelin's route goes through Swainshill, Stretton Sugwas, Hereford, Holmer, Bransford, Rushwick, Whittington, on M5 and M42 around Birmingham, and Clifton to Nottingham. What times should we avoid Birmingham for rush hour? Any tips are appreciated, thanks!
Driving Cardiff to Nottingham in 1 day via Hay-on-Wye w/2 teenage girls
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 2 Amalfi coast in May
- 3 Paris winter sales
- 4 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 5 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 7 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 10 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 11 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 12 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 13 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 14 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 15 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 16 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 17 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 18 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 19 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 20 Greece after the Vote
- 21 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 22 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 23 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 24 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 25 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?