Family of four two girls ages 11 and 14 and my husband and I are leaving for London on Set 2nd. We are "sampling Europe. We spend 5 dys in London and 3 days in Paris and then we are planning to take the train to Germany into Munich. We can leave Paris on Saturday the 10th either early or late in the day. With so much to do in Germany I am rethinking more time and Paris and wondering about adding time to the Germany side. Please see my list of items we are interested in doing. I am in desperate help in planning the car and places to research for overnite stops with the car and the actualy route we will take.
Munich - one day
Things to do and see:
Frauenkirche - Church of our Lady
What am I missing?
Rent Car and travel – where is a good place to rent a car from and how do we get to it?
We would really like to go to Dachue – would this be paired with anything of can we just go first thing on the 11th? Or the afternoon of the 10th? Any thoughts on this?
The below may not be in order of what makes sense. That is what I am having the most struggle with. As well as number of nites and where to stay. We do not mind moving from town to town and staying in different B and B type places or hotels and experiencing the towns. We love to walk around and try out the pubs. We prefer less touristy places but rich in history and character. But we would like to take in some of the major sites.
Fussen and Neuschenwenstein
Linderhof Castle, Plansee, and Karendelbahn
Garmisch Partenkirchen do the Zugspitze
Salt Mines in Berchtesgarten or Ice Caves in Werfen and Chiemsee – this is not high on my list?
Travel to Salzburg for a day maybe spend one nite should we do the Sound of Music tours or what are top things to see and do here?
German Alpine Road are we ever on this?
Is the Eagle’s Nest a must see?
Am I forgetting something?
Someone else highly suggested we make the drive to saint gilgen Austria – any thoughts on this?
Garmisch-Partenkirchen/Oberammergau/Ettal/Linderhof too much for one day?
Stay at B and B type places – I am looking for suggestions of where to stay and for how long? Or at least towns to research?
Then we leave on Sept 16th Friday from Munich around 10am. I am guessing we can travel back to Munich that nite or just stay someplace and go directly to the airport and return the car in the morning? Any thoughts on this?
Other things we have researched but don’t know enough about:
Cruise on the Königssee
I know this is a big list. I appreciate any advice. And I am open to cutting some things out. We are spending the first half of the trip in large cities so the second half is more about amazing countryside and beautiful German towns.
Thanks so much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 3 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 4 TIM in FCO - update
- 5 Visa Query
- 6 London in Winter Report
- 7 Visit to Sardinia
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Legal documents assistants
- 12 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 13 ATM help
- 14 ATM
- 15 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 16 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 17 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Montserrat Express
- 20 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 21 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 25 Help with Scotland Itinerary
Driving and itinerary help with Munich, Bavaria and Austria