I would like to rent a car and take a scenic route on the upcoming long weekend (July 12-14), current destination unknown. I was thinking of heading south and ending up in Nice, but am open to suggestions. Is Nice worthwhile to go to in July? I'm not a huge fan of the hoards of tourists, and I know this time of year is very busy.
I would like to take a leisurely, scenic route. With stops along the way in small french towns. See some sights, soak up some laid back culture. Quiet and serene.
As a side note (not sure if it matters), this is my first time driving in Europe, so all tips and hints greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 Praiano
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 St Denis Cathedral
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Family vacation to europe
- 13 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 16 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 17 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 18 Perugia
- 19 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)