I would like to rent a car and take a scenic route on the upcoming long weekend (July 12-14), current destination unknown. I was thinking of heading south and ending up in Nice, but am open to suggestions. Is Nice worthwhile to go to in July? I'm not a huge fan of the hoards of tourists, and I know this time of year is very busy.
I would like to take a leisurely, scenic route. With stops along the way in small french towns. See some sights, soak up some laid back culture. Quiet and serene.
As a side note (not sure if it matters), this is my first time driving in Europe, so all tips and hints greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 4 Cordoba Overnight?
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 7 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 8 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 9 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 10 Sintra
- 11 Scotland Trip Report
- 12 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 13 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 18 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 19 Kayaking in Avignon
- 20 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 21 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 22 4 days in Provence in early June
- 23 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 24 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 25 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid