I would like to rent a car and take a scenic route on the upcoming long weekend (July 12-14), current destination unknown. I was thinking of heading south and ending up in Nice, but am open to suggestions. Is Nice worthwhile to go to in July? I'm not a huge fan of the hoards of tourists, and I know this time of year is very busy.
I would like to take a leisurely, scenic route. With stops along the way in small french towns. See some sights, soak up some laid back culture. Quiet and serene.
As a side note (not sure if it matters), this is my first time driving in Europe, so all tips and hints greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 2 Rome -- The next time around
- 3 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 4 One free day in Barcelona
- 5 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 Rome to Venice
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 10 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 14 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 15 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Sicily help
- 18 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 19 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Bordeaux to Nice
- 24 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 25 "Too Much Cows"