I would like to rent a car and take a scenic route on the upcoming long weekend (July 12-14), current destination unknown. I was thinking of heading south and ending up in Nice, but am open to suggestions. Is Nice worthwhile to go to in July? I'm not a huge fan of the hoards of tourists, and I know this time of year is very busy.
I would like to take a leisurely, scenic route. With stops along the way in small french towns. See some sights, soak up some laid back culture. Quiet and serene.
As a side note (not sure if it matters), this is my first time driving in Europe, so all tips and hints greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Bernese Oberland
- 4 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 7 Moscow Favorites
- 8 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 9 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 10 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 11 TIM in FCO - update
- 12 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 13 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 16 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 19 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 22 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 23 Cartagena Spain
- 24 Snowmobile tracks in Lapland
- 25 Trip to Switzerland