I would like to rent a car and take a scenic route on the upcoming long weekend (July 12-14), current destination unknown. I was thinking of heading south and ending up in Nice, but am open to suggestions. Is Nice worthwhile to go to in July? I'm not a huge fan of the hoards of tourists, and I know this time of year is very busy.
I would like to take a leisurely, scenic route. With stops along the way in small french towns. See some sights, soak up some laid back culture. Quiet and serene.
As a side note (not sure if it matters), this is my first time driving in Europe, so all tips and hints greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 5 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 6 Traveling in Belgium
- 7 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 8 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 9 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 10 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 11 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 12 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 13 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 14 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 15 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 16 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 17 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 18 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 19 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 22 Milos beach stay
- 23 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz