On our upcoming trip to Germany and Austria, we will be relocating from our pension in Bischofswiesen, Germany, which is near Berchtesgaden. We desire to drive over the Grossglockner Alpine Highway in Austria, and then continue on to Innsbruck or close to Innsbruck.
The local pension owner told me that it is about a two hour drive from Bischofswiesen to the Alpine Highway. I then read somewhere that it takes about 40 minutes to cover that highway; however, I suspect we will take a lot longer stopping for photos and a few breaks. It is really hard to pinpoint the actual entrances and exist to the Alpine highway on mapquest.
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to exist the Alpine highway and make it over to Innsbruck please? If we don't stay in Innsbruck, is there a recommended town close by that would allow easy access to Innsbruck? Also, if anyone has traveled this path in one day, can you provide me with a realistic timeframe, start to finish please?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COnsumer : SET-up HP PRINTER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 HP 24*7
- 2 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 3 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 9 Iceland trip report!
- 10 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 18 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 19 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 20 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Moscow Favorites
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 TIM in FCO - update
Drive time - Berchtesgaden over Grossglockner Alpine - Innsbruck