On our upcoming trip to Germany and Austria, we will be relocating from our pension in Bischofswiesen, Germany, which is near Berchtesgaden. We desire to drive over the Grossglockner Alpine Highway in Austria, and then continue on to Innsbruck or close to Innsbruck.
The local pension owner told me that it is about a two hour drive from Bischofswiesen to the Alpine Highway. I then read somewhere that it takes about 40 minutes to cover that highway; however, I suspect we will take a lot longer stopping for photos and a few breaks. It is really hard to pinpoint the actual entrances and exist to the Alpine highway on mapquest.
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to exist the Alpine highway and make it over to Innsbruck please? If we don't stay in Innsbruck, is there a recommended town close by that would allow easy access to Innsbruck? Also, if anyone has traveled this path in one day, can you provide me with a realistic timeframe, start to finish please?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 Traveling in Belgium
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Paris in August
- 14 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 15 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 16 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 23 Train travel to and from Paris
- 24 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
Drive time - Berchtesgaden over Grossglockner Alpine - Innsbruck