On our upcoming trip to Germany and Austria, we will be relocating from our pension in Bischofswiesen, Germany, which is near Berchtesgaden. We desire to drive over the Grossglockner Alpine Highway in Austria, and then continue on to Innsbruck or close to Innsbruck.
The local pension owner told me that it is about a two hour drive from Bischofswiesen to the Alpine Highway. I then read somewhere that it takes about 40 minutes to cover that highway; however, I suspect we will take a lot longer stopping for photos and a few breaks. It is really hard to pinpoint the actual entrances and exist to the Alpine highway on mapquest.
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to exist the Alpine highway and make it over to Innsbruck please? If we don't stay in Innsbruck, is there a recommended town close by that would allow easy access to Innsbruck? Also, if anyone has traveled this path in one day, can you provide me with a realistic timeframe, start to finish please?
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 4 London vacation rental agency
- 5 Rome -- The next time around
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Transport for local Venice travel
- 8 November in Rome
- 9 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Campania in June, July, September
- 12 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 16 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 17 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 18 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 23 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 24 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
Drive time - Berchtesgaden over Grossglockner Alpine - Innsbruck