After reading all your great advice- I edited out a bunch of places and decided to start my journey in England rather than Ireland where I arrive from NY. My friend and I will take a flight right from Dublin into Birmingham to start our journey.
-First question- I arrive from the States around 10:30am in Dublin. Any idea how long I should plan to get through customs before I head out on another flight from there to England? Trying to allot for enough time and determine what time I should book on Aer Lingus as i'm booking this separately.
for Day 1 when we get from US/Dublin/Birmingham- we plan to spend the night at Coombe Abbey and just rest on the grounds.
Day 2- drive to Stratford upon Avon to spend the day and then drive on to either Broadway or Chipping Campden to spend night
Day 3- explore more of the Cotswolds- seeing Bourton on the Water, Upper and Lower Slaughter making our way to Bath for night. Overnight in Bath
Day 4- explore Bath, overnight Bath
Day 5- here’s where I’m utterly confused- on our wishlist was Chawton for Jane Austen, Arundel and Bodiam Castle and possibly Rye (which we will most likely have to drop) but my friend really wants to see these castles so I hesitate to drop them.
Bath to Chawton is about 2 hour drive.
Chawton to Arundel about 1 hour 15min
Arundel to Bodiam about 2 hours
Bodiam to Rye 30 minutes.
Clearly this is too much as I need to be in London for Day 6. So what do you suggest I leave out? Should I just skip Chawton and head to the castles.? My goal is to stay overnight in a place nearby one of these locations where I can drop off car and take train into London rather than driving there. Any idea where I should overnight on Day 5 for easy access to drop off car and take train to London on Day 6?
Thanks in advance for all your valuable advice and help! I’m welcoming any suggestions for places to stay in Cotswolds as well ☺
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges for 1st time
- 2 Getting to Büyük Mecidiye Cami
- 3 Need to purchase British currency from US
- 4 Zagreb to Pula and more
- 5 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 6 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 7 Help with Honeymoon trip Italy
- 8 One champagne tour in Reims
- 9 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 10 Staying over visa expiration.
- 11 I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?
- 12 Question about staying in the Museumplein are
- 13 Munich: New Museum Open Documenting Nazism's Rise...
- 14 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 15 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 16 Pickpocketing in Europe
- 17 Help with 5-6 days in the Azores
- 18 Kerouac - please say the weather will clear up in Paris
- 19 Help, no email from Trenitalia with PNR number!
- 20 EuropeanDestinations
- 21 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 22 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 23 Private Guide for Rome tour ( by Van or limo)?
- 24 Paris Apartment Rental ? - reviews
- 25 Need feedback... France to Italy
DRIVE THROUGH ENGLAND-revised itinerary-need more help please!