After reading all your great advice- I edited out a bunch of places and decided to start my journey in England rather than Ireland where I arrive from NY. My friend and I will take a flight right from Dublin into Birmingham to start our journey.
-First question- I arrive from the States around 10:30am in Dublin. Any idea how long I should plan to get through customs before I head out on another flight from there to England? Trying to allot for enough time and determine what time I should book on Aer Lingus as i'm booking this separately.
for Day 1 when we get from US/Dublin/Birmingham- we plan to spend the night at Coombe Abbey and just rest on the grounds.
Day 2- drive to Stratford upon Avon to spend the day and then drive on to either Broadway or Chipping Campden to spend night
Day 3- explore more of the Cotswolds- seeing Bourton on the Water, Upper and Lower Slaughter making our way to Bath for night. Overnight in Bath
Day 4- explore Bath, overnight Bath
Day 5- here’s where I’m utterly confused- on our wishlist was Chawton for Jane Austen, Arundel and Bodiam Castle and possibly Rye (which we will most likely have to drop) but my friend really wants to see these castles so I hesitate to drop them.
Bath to Chawton is about 2 hour drive.
Chawton to Arundel about 1 hour 15min
Arundel to Bodiam about 2 hours
Bodiam to Rye 30 minutes.
Clearly this is too much as I need to be in London for Day 6. So what do you suggest I leave out? Should I just skip Chawton and head to the castles.? My goal is to stay overnight in a place nearby one of these locations where I can drop off car and take train into London rather than driving there. Any idea where I should overnight on Day 5 for easy access to drop off car and take train to London on Day 6?
Thanks in advance for all your valuable advice and help! I’m welcoming any suggestions for places to stay in Cotswolds as well ☺
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 2 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 3 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Edinbrugh
- 6 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 7 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 8 Swimming to Paris
- 9 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 Scotland itinerary help
- 13 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Istria in two days
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 Hiking in Switzerland
- 22 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 23 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 24 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 25 Belfast leading up to July 12
DRIVE THROUGH ENGLAND-revised itinerary-need more help please!