After reading all your great advice- I edited out a bunch of places and decided to start my journey in England rather than Ireland where I arrive from NY. My friend and I will take a flight right from Dublin into Birmingham to start our journey.
-First question- I arrive from the States around 10:30am in Dublin. Any idea how long I should plan to get through customs before I head out on another flight from there to England? Trying to allot for enough time and determine what time I should book on Aer Lingus as i'm booking this separately.
for Day 1 when we get from US/Dublin/Birmingham- we plan to spend the night at Coombe Abbey and just rest on the grounds.
Day 2- drive to Stratford upon Avon to spend the day and then drive on to either Broadway or Chipping Campden to spend night
Day 3- explore more of the Cotswolds- seeing Bourton on the Water, Upper and Lower Slaughter making our way to Bath for night. Overnight in Bath
Day 4- explore Bath, overnight Bath
Day 5- here’s where I’m utterly confused- on our wishlist was Chawton for Jane Austen, Arundel and Bodiam Castle and possibly Rye (which we will most likely have to drop) but my friend really wants to see these castles so I hesitate to drop them.
Bath to Chawton is about 2 hour drive.
Chawton to Arundel about 1 hour 15min
Arundel to Bodiam about 2 hours
Bodiam to Rye 30 minutes.
Clearly this is too much as I need to be in London for Day 6. So what do you suggest I leave out? Should I just skip Chawton and head to the castles.? My goal is to stay overnight in a place nearby one of these locations where I can drop off car and take train into London rather than driving there. Any idea where I should overnight on Day 5 for easy access to drop off car and take train to London on Day 6?
Thanks in advance for all your valuable advice and help! I’m welcoming any suggestions for places to stay in Cotswolds as well ☺
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 엔트리게임 ▶ 도메인 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 3 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 4 Paris and Normandy
- 5 Sicily Beach Resort
- 6 France Study Abroad
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 International drivers permit
- 11 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 12 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 13 Two days in Rome
- 14 Classical Tour of Albania
- 15 First visit to London
- 16 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 17 Anniversary trip to France
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 20 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 21 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 22 London is it worth it?
- 23 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 24 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
DRIVE THROUGH ENGLAND-revised itinerary-need more help please!