I've looked through past messages, and while there's lots on driving between other cities, I haven't seen any discussion on driving from Budapest to Ljubljana.
What are the roads like? Problems with the border? I know driving within Slovenia isn't too bad, how about getting there from Budapest?
The 8 hour train ride is a little longer than I'd like (after a number of long train rides to Budapest), so I'm looking for other ways to do the trip. Suggestions?
ps. Any suggestions on places to stay in Slovenia along the Adriatic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 Prague hotels
- 3 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 4 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 5 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 6 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 11 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 12 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 13 First Time Solo Travel info
- 14 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 15 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 16 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 17 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 18 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 19 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 20 Europe in late January
- 21 Northern lights in December
- 22 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 23 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Puglia or La Langhe