I've looked through past messages, and while there's lots on driving between other cities, I haven't seen any discussion on driving from Budapest to Ljubljana.
What are the roads like? Problems with the border? I know driving within Slovenia isn't too bad, how about getting there from Budapest?
The 8 hour train ride is a little longer than I'd like (after a number of long train rides to Budapest), so I'm looking for other ways to do the trip. Suggestions?
ps. Any suggestions on places to stay in Slovenia along the Adriatic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 Loire Valley itinerary
- 4 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 5 Need help in travel planning
- 6 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 7 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 8 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 9 London: Battle of the badges
- 10 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 11 Europe Itinerary
- 12 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 13 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 14 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Germany train/bus question
- 17 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 18 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 19 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 20 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 21 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 22 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 23 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 24 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 25 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome