I've looked through past messages, and while there's lots on driving between other cities, I haven't seen any discussion on driving from Budapest to Ljubljana.
What are the roads like? Problems with the border? I know driving within Slovenia isn't too bad, how about getting there from Budapest?
The 8 hour train ride is a little longer than I'd like (after a number of long train rides to Budapest), so I'm looking for other ways to do the trip. Suggestions?
ps. Any suggestions on places to stay in Slovenia along the Adriatic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer Installation \ set-up Contact 1:800:681:7208 HP Tec*h care 24\7
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 9 Days in Spain
- 13 Road trip with our dog
- 14 Frankfurt to UK
- 15 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 16 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 17 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 20 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Electrical Power Conversion
- 23 Douro Valley in January?
- 24 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 25 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End