I've looked through past messages, and while there's lots on driving between other cities, I haven't seen any discussion on driving from Budapest to Ljubljana.
What are the roads like? Problems with the border? I know driving within Slovenia isn't too bad, how about getting there from Budapest?
The 8 hour train ride is a little longer than I'd like (after a number of long train rides to Budapest), so I'm looking for other ways to do the trip. Suggestions?
ps. Any suggestions on places to stay in Slovenia along the Adriatic?
Drive or Train from Budapest to Ljubljana, Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 4 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 5 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 6 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 7 Purchasing & carrying a painting from France back to USA
- 8 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 9 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 12 Vitamins and carry on's question
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 Best beach town in Italy?
- 15 Burgundy in May
- 16 Athens at New Years
- 17 chrismas in rome
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 Cotswold Churches
- 20 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 23 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 24 My notes on Greece 101
- 25 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie