I've looked through past messages, and while there's lots on driving between other cities, I haven't seen any discussion on driving from Budapest to Ljubljana.
What are the roads like? Problems with the border? I know driving within Slovenia isn't too bad, how about getting there from Budapest?
The 8 hour train ride is a little longer than I'd like (after a number of long train rides to Budapest), so I'm looking for other ways to do the trip. Suggestions?
ps. Any suggestions on places to stay in Slovenia along the Adriatic?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 2 Prague old town
- 3 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 4 I forgot my international driver permit
- 5 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 6 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 7 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 8 Train Ticket Help
- 9 Home base for a month in France?
- 10 5 Days in Dublin
- 11 Greece in 15 Days
- 12 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 13 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Bordeaux TRIP
- 19 Barcelona completely overrated
- 20 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 23 Munich restaurant recs
- 24 Norway accessories and must have
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016