Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 2 2 weeks Europe trip
- 3 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 4 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 5 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 6 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 7 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 8 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 9 mountain views near London
- 10 12 days in and out of Barcelona-where to go?
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 Seville, Cordoba, Ronda, Granada Trip Report
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 15 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 19 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 23 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 24 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 25 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy