Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 road trip through scotland
- 6 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 9 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 14 Alsace to Austria?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 21 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 22 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 23 barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 25 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track