Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 2 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 3 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 4 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 7 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 Berlin to ?
- 10 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 11 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 14 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 15 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 16 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 20 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 21 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 22 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 23 Trogir or Split
- 24 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 25 Scotland