Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 Engadine Valley help
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 8 Naples, Italy
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 12 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 13 French restaurants
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 Tuscany 6 nights
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Ireland travel passport question
- 19 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 20 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 France & Italy, May or June
- 23 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 24 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 25 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?