Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help