Hubby and I considering hiring a car while in south Germany and after spending 3 nights in Gengenbach and then driving to Beilstein (near Cochem) for a further 3-4 nights.
We question is should we just drive straight there (google maps is saying it's between 2.5-4.5hrs depending on the route and traffic) or perhaps stop overnight?
I'm not keen on driving the whole way on the Autobahn but perhaps driving through some smaller villages.
Once way is through France but that will take 3.5-4.5hrs which is why maybe an overnight stay somewhere along the way would be good.
Any thoughts? If we should stop overnight somewhere does anyone have any suggestions as a mid point?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 2 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 3 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 6 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 Germany family road trip help!
- 9 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 10 Santorini lodging
- 11 Barcelona
- 12 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 13 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 14 Prague
- 15 Ischia
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Spain and South of France
- 18 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 19 Overnight at Heathrow
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 France, UK and Ireland
- 22 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 23 Ronda Wine/biking
- 24 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 25 El Pastrami en Madrid