Hoping a Fodorite (St Cirq?!) can advise on whether we should fly from Toulouse (we are staying in St Vincent de Cosse near Sarlat) to Nice (easy jet) or drive. We need to be in Nice for the next leg of our trip 2 days later.
Sooooo..either we drive to TLS, spend the night and fly out the next day to Nice or we drive and break up the drive (maybe in Sete?). The advantage of driving is that we can make a few stops (as we have 2 days) and perhaps even see Arles.
Is the drive quite scenic? Or should we enjoy Toulouse and spend an extra day in Nice? I should add that we are North American and used to longish car rides but this will be early July so roads are likely to be more crowded I presume.
Drive from Sarlat to Nice or fly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 3 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 French Basque region
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 8 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 9 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 10 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 13 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 18 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 19 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 20 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 All Set To Go!!
- 23 American Express
- 24 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 25 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast