Hoping a Fodorite (St Cirq?!) can advise on whether we should fly from Toulouse (we are staying in St Vincent de Cosse near Sarlat) to Nice (easy jet) or drive. We need to be in Nice for the next leg of our trip 2 days later.
Sooooo..either we drive to TLS, spend the night and fly out the next day to Nice or we drive and break up the drive (maybe in Sete?). The advantage of driving is that we can make a few stops (as we have 2 days) and perhaps even see Arles.
Is the drive quite scenic? Or should we enjoy Toulouse and spend an extra day in Nice? I should add that we are North American and used to longish car rides but this will be early July so roads are likely to be more crowded I presume.
Drive from Sarlat to Nice or fly?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Golfing in Ireland
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 4 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 5 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 6 Train to Airport in Venice
- 7 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 8 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 9 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 10 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 11 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 14 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 15 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 16 Airport to Piraeus
- 17 Trieste and Koper
- 18 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 19 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 20 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 21 What still confounds you about travel?
- 22 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 23 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 24 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 25 Questions for my German friends