Hoping a Fodorite (St Cirq?!) can advise on whether we should fly from Toulouse (we are staying in St Vincent de Cosse near Sarlat) to Nice (easy jet) or drive. We need to be in Nice for the next leg of our trip 2 days later.
Sooooo..either we drive to TLS, spend the night and fly out the next day to Nice or we drive and break up the drive (maybe in Sete?). The advantage of driving is that we can make a few stops (as we have 2 days) and perhaps even see Arles.
Is the drive quite scenic? Or should we enjoy Toulouse and spend an extra day in Nice? I should add that we are North American and used to longish car rides but this will be early July so roads are likely to be more crowded I presume.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 4 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Barcelona question
- 7 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 10 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 11 My 60th birthday surprises
- 12 20 Days in Europe
- 13 4 days in switzerland
- 14 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 15 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 16 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 17 European Cooking Secrets
- 18 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 19 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 20 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 21 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 24 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 25 Help with first time trip with family