Hoping a Fodorite (St Cirq?!) can advise on whether we should fly from Toulouse (we are staying in St Vincent de Cosse near Sarlat) to Nice (easy jet) or drive. We need to be in Nice for the next leg of our trip 2 days later.
Sooooo..either we drive to TLS, spend the night and fly out the next day to Nice or we drive and break up the drive (maybe in Sete?). The advantage of driving is that we can make a few stops (as we have 2 days) and perhaps even see Arles.
Is the drive quite scenic? Or should we enjoy Toulouse and spend an extra day in Nice? I should add that we are North American and used to longish car rides but this will be early July so roads are likely to be more crowded I presume.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 6 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 9 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 10 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 11 Andalucia Spain
- 12 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 13 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Paris in August
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground