Hoping a Fodorite (St Cirq?!) can advise on whether we should fly from Toulouse (we are staying in St Vincent de Cosse near Sarlat) to Nice (easy jet) or drive. We need to be in Nice for the next leg of our trip 2 days later.
Sooooo..either we drive to TLS, spend the night and fly out the next day to Nice or we drive and break up the drive (maybe in Sete?). The advantage of driving is that we can make a few stops (as we have 2 days) and perhaps even see Arles.
Is the drive quite scenic? Or should we enjoy Toulouse and spend an extra day in Nice? I should add that we are North American and used to longish car rides but this will be early July so roads are likely to be more crowded I presume.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Travel in Europe
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 November in Rome
- 18 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Christmas markets