Hoping a Fodorite (St Cirq?!) can advise on whether we should fly from Toulouse (we are staying in St Vincent de Cosse near Sarlat) to Nice (easy jet) or drive. We need to be in Nice for the next leg of our trip 2 days later.
Sooooo..either we drive to TLS, spend the night and fly out the next day to Nice or we drive and break up the drive (maybe in Sete?). The advantage of driving is that we can make a few stops (as we have 2 days) and perhaps even see Arles.
Is the drive quite scenic? Or should we enjoy Toulouse and spend an extra day in Nice? I should add that we are North American and used to longish car rides but this will be early July so roads are likely to be more crowded I presume.
Drive from Sarlat to Nice or fly?
- 1 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 2 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 3 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 4 Germany and Italy
- 5 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 6 day trips from Stuttgart
- 7 Hotels in Sorrento
- 8 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 11 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 12 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 13 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 14 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 15 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 16 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 17 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 18 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 19 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 20 Limo companies in Madrid?
- 21 Limo service from Madrid Barajas Airport
- 22 What is the best food in France?
- 23 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 24 Best area for wine and which one?
- 25 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?