My family (brother and parents) and I are driving from Paris to Basel. Would really appreciate recommendations on which route to take, so we can stop over on the way (not overnight, just to stretch/lunch etc). Would love a picturesque drive, however not at the expense of sitting in traffic or a much longer route. We will be seeing the Interlaken area later on, so towns with a different feel would be ideal, however looking for your valuable opinion!
Traveling: august 1st 2014.
Options per google maps are:
1) A6 &A36
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 2 Best Sequence for Venice>Vernazza>Florence/Sorrento ?
- 3 Airfare from Los Angeles to London Heathrow on Air New Zealand
- 4 Ireland Itinerary: Too Much Driving?
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 7 Croatia in 7 days
- 8 RHK's Fall escape
- 9 Day trips from Marseilles
- 10 Need help in travel planning
- 11 London: Battle of the badges
- 12 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 13 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 14 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 15 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 16 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 17 Excess insurance
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 20 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 21 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 22 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 23 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 24 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 25 Trans-Siberia Train