We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Dover queues
- 3 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 4 Puglia
- 5 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 Itinerary help please!
- 8 AVE train tickets questions.
- 9 Manchester on derby weekend
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 Visiting the Black Forest
- 12 Barcelona to Morocco
- 13 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 17 Car hire
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 20 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 21 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 22 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 25 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!