We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adaptors for Belgium
- 2 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 3 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 4 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 5 Train Ticket Help
- 6 I forgot my international driver permit
- 7 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 8 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 9 Prague old town
- 10 Bordeaux TRIP
- 11 20 free days of Europe
- 12 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 13 Naples or Genoa
- 14 Munich restaurant recs
- 15 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 16 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 17 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 18 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 19 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 20 Home base for a month in France?
- 21 5 Days in Dublin
- 22 Greece in 15 Days
- 23 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 24 Our European adventures
- 25 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!