We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hewlett-Packard : HP PRINTER TECHNICAL SUPPORT NUMBER ☎ 1:888:482 :3831
- 2 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 3 Trip to Switzerland
- 4 Couscous
- 5 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 6 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 7 Itinery help Crete
- 8 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 9 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 13 TIM in FCO - update
- 14 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 15 Threat Level in UK
- 16 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 17 Cartagena Spain
- 18 London in Winter Report
- 19 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 20 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 21 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 22 3 nights in Madrid
- 23 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?