We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 4 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 7 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 8 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 12 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 13 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 14 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 17 Reaching the Lake District
- 18 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 19 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 20 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 21 My special places in Europe
- 22 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 23 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 24 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 25 Europe's Most Famous Streets?