We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Drive from Milan to Venice with a stop in Verona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 2 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 3 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 4 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 5 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 6 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 7 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 8 michele_d or other visa-free ferry experts
- 9 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 10 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 11 Itinerary help
- 12 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 13 Things to do in/around Milan
- 14 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 17 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 18 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 19 Spanish Music
- 20 Now for the Venice hotel
- 21 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 22 Itinerary for Spain
- 23 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 24 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 25 Vienna to Padua Questions