We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 2 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 3 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 4 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 Bavaria in August
- 7 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.
- 8 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 9 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 10 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 13 Croatia Itenerary
- 14 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 15 Overstaying residence visa(UDI) in Norway by 1 day(5-6 hr)
- 16 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 17 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 18 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 19 Bandol port of call
- 20 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 21 August
- 22 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 23 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 24 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 25 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)