We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 2 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 3 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 6 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 7 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 8 English Countryside
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Driving in Italy?
- 17 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 18 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 23 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 Tour groups