We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy's central lakes!
- 2 Which is the nearest London airport to reach loughton
- 3 Travel vs. Babies
- 4 Europe in late January
- 5 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 6 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 7 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 8 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 9 UBER in England
- 10 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 11 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 12 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 13 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 14 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 15 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 16 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 17 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 18 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 19 Andalucia in December
- 20 England and Wales by public transport
- 21 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 22 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 23 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 24 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 25 10 Days in Greece @ End of June