We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 2 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 3 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 4 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Praiano
- 9 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 10 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 13 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 14 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 15 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 16 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 17 A hole in the wall in St Germain. Paris
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 Oporto
- 20 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 21 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 22 Italy bus or train
- 23 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 24 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 25 Porto and vicinity