We are four adult women (20s. 30s) driving with out father from Milan to Venice, then to Florence, then back to Milan.
We arrive in Milan Saturday February 15, plan to stay in Venice Saturday and Sunday, then to Florence Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and then to Milan Thursday and Friday, and leave on a morning flight Saturday.
We would like to rent a car rather than take the train for two reasons:
1. It will be cheaper to drive than to purchase that many train tickets.
2. We will be able to stop for the afternoon in Verona on the way to Venice and in Pisa on our way to Milan from Florence.
Our questions are:
1. What is the best rental company/location? I assume at the airport in Milan?
2. Where should we leave the car when we are in Venice? Is it better to rent the car for the entire week and just store it at a parking facility while we are in Venice and in Florence, or should we turn the car in when we arrive in Venice and rent another two days later?
Thank you for any help/advice you can give!
Drive from Milan to Venice with a stop in Verona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Day trip from London to Paris
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 8 Welcome
- 9 Prague - Tram #22
- 10 hotels in Seville
- 11 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 12 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 Location of hotel in Rome
- 16 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 17 Need advice for this
- 18 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 21 one last portugal car rental question
- 22 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 25 French embassy schengen visa related questions