We're thinking of picking up a hire car from Mannheim and driving around the Mosel/Rhine area for a few days (basing ourselves in Beilstein).
My question is - is driving out of Mannheim really hard? We drove around Tuscany and Burgundy last year and tried to pick up our hire cars outside of major cities (as driving in large cities freaks me out a little ). I'm not familiar with Mannheim at all - whether it's big or small. We're training it from Zurich to Mannheim (direct train), hence the reason for picking up the hire car in Mannheim.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated or if anyone has an alternate pick up place (that we can get to from Zurich) would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 2 Germany train help!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Versailles
- 5 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 6 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Where to enjoy Paris
- 15 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 19 Meteora for older folk
- 20 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 21 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 22 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 23 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 24 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 25 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area