We're thinking of picking up a hire car from Mannheim and driving around the Mosel/Rhine area for a few days (basing ourselves in Beilstein).
My question is - is driving out of Mannheim really hard? We drove around Tuscany and Burgundy last year and tried to pick up our hire cars outside of major cities (as driving in large cities freaks me out a little ). I'm not familiar with Mannheim at all - whether it's big or small. We're training it from Zurich to Mannheim (direct train), hence the reason for picking up the hire car in Mannheim.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated or if anyone has an alternate pick up place (that we can get to from Zurich) would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 2 Rome to venice
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 5 Chamonix to Paris
- 6 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 7 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 8 Scotland and London 21 days
- 9 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 10 Rome-Itinerary
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 13 help with Italy itinerary
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 16 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 17 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 20 Praiana to Positano
- 21 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 22 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please
- 23 Venice
- 24 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 25 A new species of Homo Sapien??