We're thinking of picking up a hire car from Mannheim and driving around the Mosel/Rhine area for a few days (basing ourselves in Beilstein).
My question is - is driving out of Mannheim really hard? We drove around Tuscany and Burgundy last year and tried to pick up our hire cars outside of major cities (as driving in large cities freaks me out a little ). I'm not familiar with Mannheim at all - whether it's big or small. We're training it from Zurich to Mannheim (direct train), hence the reason for picking up the hire car in Mannheim.
Any feedback on this would be appreciated or if anyone has an alternate pick up place (that we can get to from Zurich) would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 5 Berlin -clubs
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 base in brussels
- 12 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Uber vs. TfL
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 25 Alitala