After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Madrid
- 2 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 3 Trip to Switzerland
- 4 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 5 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 6 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 Rome hotel
- 9 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 10 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 11 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 12 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 13 Seville to Cordoba
- 14 London Hotel - Different Request
- 15 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 18 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 19 London 6 day itinerary
- 20 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 23 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 24 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 25 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont