After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 4 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 5 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 6 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 7 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 11 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 15 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 18 Milos beach stay
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 22 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 23 Driving in Wales
- 24 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017