After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Beaune France
- 3 Scotland Trip Report
- 4 Madrid airport question
- 5 Kayaking in Avignon
- 6 How the kids age calculated
- 7 Sintra
- 8 Murren to Prague
- 9 What tips can you give about packing?
- 10 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 14 Aix Provence
- 15 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 16 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 17 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 18 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 21 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 22 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?