After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 7 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 8 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Summer Travel order
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Dijon in December!
- 20 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 21 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Overnight trip from Barcelona