After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train up the Jungfrau
- 2 Charming areas to explore in London
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 7 Visit to Engand
- 8 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 9 Place to stay
- 10 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 13 Another Question re Scotland
- 14 Driver"s License & Language
- 15 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 21 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 22 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 23 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 24 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London