After spending four days in Dublin, my family and I will drive to Cork for three days then onto Killarney for three days. Currently I have the drive from Dublin to Cork broken up with an overnight in Kilkenny, thinking that the drive from Dublin to Cork might be long for kids (9 and 10, but excellent travelers). I'm rethinking this and wondering if we should just go straight from Dublin to Cork, spending and extra night in Cork. In all honesty, I don't know much about Kilkenny (aside from the castle) and have loads of things planned for the general Cork area. I'm also quite nervous about driving in Ireland -- is the road from Dublin to Cork easier than winding in through Kilkenny? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially pros and cons of each plan, and stops along the way if we decide on Dublin to Cork (we're big "the journey is half the fun" people!).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 2 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 3 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 4 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 5 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 6 Revised itinerary for italy
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Flamenco in October
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 21 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily