We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 REFRESH@: AOL CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT
- 2 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 3 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 4 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 5 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 8 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 9 2 days in Lugano area
- 10 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 11 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 12 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 13 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 14 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 23 Italy in January?
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice