We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 3 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 4 I may be wrong....
- 5 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 6 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 7 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 8 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 9 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 10 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 11 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 12 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 13 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 14 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 15 French Wedding
- 16 Cornwall UK
- 17 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 18 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 19 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 20 Porto...Questions !
- 21 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 22 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 23 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 24 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London