We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 4 Sundays in Puglia
- 5 2 Months in Sicily
- 6 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 7 What tips can you give about packing?
- 8 Sim Card Options
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 11 Azores
- 12 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 13 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 14 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 15 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 16 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 21 Scotland in 7 Days
- 22 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 25 Cascais or Algarve?