We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice
- 2 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 3 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 4 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 5 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 8 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 11 Scotland and London 21 days
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 14 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 15 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 16 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 17 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 18 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Capri in July
- 21 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 22 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 23 help with Italy itinerary
- 24 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 25 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!