We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 2 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 3 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 4 Lille Braderie 2017
- 5 Europe First Timers
- 6 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 7 Rome or Venice first
- 8 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 9 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 10 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 11 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 14 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 17 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 18 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 22 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 24 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 25 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise