We are planning a trip in May and have a very long travel day to get from Chianti Florence all the way to Positano. I was wondering if anyone had two or three good rest stops that were along the way. Ideally split evenly between the two with one on the Florence side of Rome and the other on the other Positano side of Rome.
I have heard of Herculaneum as a possibility, however, I have no clue to the Florence side?
We are traveling with 4 adults and are pretty open to everything except the typical Church/indoor museum type stop as we would like to get some fresh air and stretch our legs.
I am looking forward to hearing all of you wonderful ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 4 Driving in Italy?
- 5 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 6 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 7 Croatia trip Planning
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 So much to do, so little time!
- 11 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 12 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 17 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 18 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 19 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 22 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 23 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 24 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 25 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)