We're a young couple visiting Europe for the first time in Oct 2013. We originally planned on staying in Barcelona for 3 nights, Paris 4 nights, Amsterdam 2 nights and London 5 nights. We recently decided that we would love to take in more of the French landscapes, so have opted to drive from Barcelona to Toulouse instead and stay the night there, leave the next evening by train to Paris where we will stay for 3 nights. Here are a couple of questions I have and would really really appreciate any tips/advise on this
Is it advisable to drive from Barcelona to Toulouse? And if yes, whats the best/ most scenic and safest route?
Is it advisable to make this trip, given we will be in Toulouse only for 1 night?
Would it make sense to do a day trip the following morning to visit Millau Viaduct? or is that too far off..and will we be able to make it back in time to catch the train to Paris
The journey from Barca to Toulouse is about 6.5hrs as per www.michelin.com, which means most of the day spent in driving... Would there be any places bout 3.5 hrs from Barcelona (towards France) that would make a good short and scenic drive with an overnight stay instead of Toulouse?
Would really appreciate any advice you might have on this! Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://goldenhealthcenters.com/skin-contour-cream/
- 2 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 Safety in Rome
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 9 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 10 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 11 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 12 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 13 Apartment Montreux area
- 14 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 15 Crete Holiday
- 16 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 17 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 Greek Village
- 21 One free day in Barcelona
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 24 base in brussels
- 25 Rome or Venice first