We're a young couple visiting Europe for the first time in Oct 2013. We originally planned on staying in Barcelona for 3 nights, Paris 4 nights, Amsterdam 2 nights and London 5 nights. We recently decided that we would love to take in more of the French landscapes, so have opted to drive from Barcelona to Toulouse instead and stay the night there, leave the next evening by train to Paris where we will stay for 3 nights. Here are a couple of questions I have and would really really appreciate any tips/advise on this
Is it advisable to drive from Barcelona to Toulouse? And if yes, whats the best/ most scenic and safest route?
Is it advisable to make this trip, given we will be in Toulouse only for 1 night?
Would it make sense to do a day trip the following morning to visit Millau Viaduct? or is that too far off..and will we be able to make it back in time to catch the train to Paris
The journey from Barca to Toulouse is about 6.5hrs as per www.michelin.com, which means most of the day spent in driving... Would there be any places bout 3.5 hrs from Barcelona (towards France) that would make a good short and scenic drive with an overnight stay instead of Toulouse?
Would really appreciate any advice you might have on this! Thanks a ton!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 3 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 4 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 7 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 8 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 9 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 10 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 11 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 12 Traveling in Belgium
- 13 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 15 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 18 Milos beach stay
- 19 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 22 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 23 Driving in Wales
- 24 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 25 Christmas Markets 2017