We're off to Italy in about a month for 2 weeks, right in the middle of the trip we are attending a friend's wedding in Modena. Now this is the real thing - not some Americans going to Italy to get married but Italians getting married at their local church. I'd guess that 90%+ of the guests will be Italian, many of whom don't speak English. We're studying up on our Italian - this should be a fantastic experience to be part of something outside of a normal tourist experience.
A question I have for anyone who knows is what should we do for dress? We like to travel light, but clearly we need to bring some dress clothes/shoes, but the question is - how dressy? The bride & groom, friends and family are all middle class professionals so it's not a hugely extravegant affair, but not knowing local customs, I'm wondering what will typically be worn by guests. Is a suit & tie most likely (for men) or is a sports coat/tie & nice slacks acceptable? My wife already has a dress picked out (with a shawl for the church), but I'm wondering how formal I need to be.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 2 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 5 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 6 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 7 Andalucia itinerary help
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 10 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 11 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 12 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 13 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 14 Barcelona
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 19 Santorini lodging
- 20 Spain and South of France
- 21 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 22 Algarve location Help
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 25 Ischia