We're off to Italy in about a month for 2 weeks, right in the middle of the trip we are attending a friend's wedding in Modena. Now this is the real thing - not some Americans going to Italy to get married but Italians getting married at their local church. I'd guess that 90%+ of the guests will be Italian, many of whom don't speak English. We're studying up on our Italian - this should be a fantastic experience to be part of something outside of a normal tourist experience.
A question I have for anyone who knows is what should we do for dress? We like to travel light, but clearly we need to bring some dress clothes/shoes, but the question is - how dressy? The bride & groom, friends and family are all middle class professionals so it's not a hugely extravegant affair, but not knowing local customs, I'm wondering what will typically be worn by guests. Is a suit & tie most likely (for men) or is a sports coat/tie & nice slacks acceptable? My wife already has a dress picked out (with a shawl for the church), but I'm wondering how formal I need to be.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Summer Travel order
- 14 10 days in Paris and......
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 Brugge hotel help
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 24 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 25 LIsbon