We're off to Italy in about a month for 2 weeks, right in the middle of the trip we are attending a friend's wedding in Modena. Now this is the real thing - not some Americans going to Italy to get married but Italians getting married at their local church. I'd guess that 90%+ of the guests will be Italian, many of whom don't speak English. We're studying up on our Italian - this should be a fantastic experience to be part of something outside of a normal tourist experience.
A question I have for anyone who knows is what should we do for dress? We like to travel light, but clearly we need to bring some dress clothes/shoes, but the question is - how dressy? The bride & groom, friends and family are all middle class professionals so it's not a hugely extravegant affair, but not knowing local customs, I'm wondering what will typically be worn by guests. Is a suit & tie most likely (for men) or is a sports coat/tie & nice slacks acceptable? My wife already has a dress picked out (with a shawl for the church), but I'm wondering how formal I need to be.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KASPERSKY ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT * 24x7
- 2 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 3 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 4 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 5 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Studying art in English in venice
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 17 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 18 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 19 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin