We're off to Italy in about a month for 2 weeks, right in the middle of the trip we are attending a friend's wedding in Modena. Now this is the real thing - not some Americans going to Italy to get married but Italians getting married at their local church. I'd guess that 90%+ of the guests will be Italian, many of whom don't speak English. We're studying up on our Italian - this should be a fantastic experience to be part of something outside of a normal tourist experience.
A question I have for anyone who knows is what should we do for dress? We like to travel light, but clearly we need to bring some dress clothes/shoes, but the question is - how dressy? The bride & groom, friends and family are all middle class professionals so it's not a hugely extravegant affair, but not knowing local customs, I'm wondering what will typically be worn by guests. Is a suit & tie most likely (for men) or is a sports coat/tie & nice slacks acceptable? My wife already has a dress picked out (with a shawl for the church), but I'm wondering how formal I need to be.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 2 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 3 Best Greek Island
- 4 Les Invalides Night Show
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Regarding Residence Permit
- 7 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 10 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 13 limousine services - milan - rome
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 16 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 17 Camogli and surrounds
- 18 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 19 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 20 2 days in Florence
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 24 Tinos , Naxos and other islands
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!