Our Christmas market trip through Baden-Baden, Leipzig, Dresden and Berlin is less than 3 weeks away
For the time in Dresden, we already have reservations at Schmidt's, Villandry and Kurfürstenschänke. Mid-afternoon cake and coffee breaks planned for Coselpalais. One casual Asian dinner at my old favorite RickysQuan. That gives us a couple of nights open. Any suggestions? Do not want vegetarian. Or "heavy" traditional German cuisine. A restaurant specializing in fish would be great. Must have good wine selection, preferably Sachsen wines. In 2011, I ate at Winzerstube zum Rebstock several times but it seems to have gone downhill, so am looking for a replacement. Willing to venture a little outside the heart of the city -- any recs for the Striesen neighborhood?
Also happy to get some good wine bar suggestions, especially if they offer light meals/snacks as well. Again, willing to head outside the Altstadt.
Your suggestions welcome! Besten dank!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 Europe itinerary questions
- 3 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 4 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 7 Brugge hotel help
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Old European currency
- 10 Denmark or Sweden?
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Five night Ireland Trip
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 10 days in Paris and......
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 20 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 21 1 month in Europe
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time