Our Christmas market trip through Baden-Baden, Leipzig, Dresden and Berlin is less than 3 weeks away
For the time in Dresden, we already have reservations at Schmidt's, Villandry and Kurfürstenschänke. Mid-afternoon cake and coffee breaks planned for Coselpalais. One casual Asian dinner at my old favorite RickysQuan. That gives us a couple of nights open. Any suggestions? Do not want vegetarian. Or "heavy" traditional German cuisine. A restaurant specializing in fish would be great. Must have good wine selection, preferably Sachsen wines. In 2011, I ate at Winzerstube zum Rebstock several times but it seems to have gone downhill, so am looking for a replacement. Willing to venture a little outside the heart of the city -- any recs for the Striesen neighborhood?
Also happy to get some good wine bar suggestions, especially if they offer light meals/snacks as well. Again, willing to head outside the Altstadt.
Your suggestions welcome! Besten dank!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 7 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 10 Driving in Italy?
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Tour groups
- 14 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 15 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 So much to do, so little time!
- 21 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 22 Baby Milk
- 23 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 French restaurants