Having just returned from my first trip to Europe I am already excited about coming back. I am tossing up between Europe again next year and South America, but think it will be Europe, hopefully for four weeks. I did six weeks this year but can't do that again next year.
My main priority this time is hiking somewhere super high! I did some treks along the Cinque Terre and the Dolomites from Ortisei, which were wonderful, but merely whet my appetite for more adventurous things. I am considering via feratta routes in the Dolomites, or perhaps the Alps. I don't really want to be caught in hiking traffic jams so will that rule out Chamonix/Mont Blanc? I know there are other countries nearby with good mountains (Slovakia?) but I would like to see some extra high ones seeing as I come from Australia where we don't really have them!
I would love some suggestions.
I would also love to see some of Italy again (am in love with the place), but also want to check out a new country, such as Slovenia. Lake Bled looks stunning. So perhaps I could head there after the trekking, for some more, easier hikes. From there I would like a city and maybe a couple of days on the coast. It would be great to fly home either from Rome or Paris (I did both cities this year and while I want new experiences I would also love to see these again - like I say, I can't get enough of Italy! And Paris was just so cool and fun ... I thought perhaps flying into Munich would be good for the Dolomites? But destination will depend on where I do my challenging hiking ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 2 Fur Coats on Montreux Riviera, Switzerland
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 8 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 9 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 10 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 11 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 12 "Never Mind"
- 13 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 14 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 15 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 16 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 17 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 18 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 19 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 22 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 23 First time in Bulgaria
- 24 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 25 Italian lakes