Having just returned from my first trip to Europe I am already excited about coming back. I am tossing up between Europe again next year and South America, but think it will be Europe, hopefully for four weeks. I did six weeks this year but can't do that again next year.
My main priority this time is hiking somewhere super high! I did some treks along the Cinque Terre and the Dolomites from Ortisei, which were wonderful, but merely whet my appetite for more adventurous things. I am considering via feratta routes in the Dolomites, or perhaps the Alps. I don't really want to be caught in hiking traffic jams so will that rule out Chamonix/Mont Blanc? I know there are other countries nearby with good mountains (Slovakia?) but I would like to see some extra high ones seeing as I come from Australia where we don't really have them!
I would love some suggestions.
I would also love to see some of Italy again (am in love with the place), but also want to check out a new country, such as Slovenia. Lake Bled looks stunning. So perhaps I could head there after the trekking, for some more, easier hikes. From there I would like a city and maybe a couple of days on the coast. It would be great to fly home either from Rome or Paris (I did both cities this year and while I want new experiences I would also love to see these again - like I say, I can't get enough of Italy! And Paris was just so cool and fun ... I thought perhaps flying into Munich would be good for the Dolomites? But destination will depend on where I do my challenging hiking ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 2 Whistle stop family road trip
- 3 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 4 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 5 SURPRISE TRIP
- 6 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 7 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 8 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 9 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 10 travel fan 220v?
- 11 Palermo Apartment
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 What is the best flight itinerary from Los Angeles to Granada, Spain
- 14 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 15 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 16 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 17 Camogli and surrounds
- 18 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 19 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 20 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 21 Barcelona - places to stay
- 22 Need advice on Seville-Tarifa/Tangier-Malaga itinerary
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!