Having just returned from my first trip to Europe I am already excited about coming back. I am tossing up between Europe again next year and South America, but think it will be Europe, hopefully for four weeks. I did six weeks this year but can't do that again next year.
My main priority this time is hiking somewhere super high! I did some treks along the Cinque Terre and the Dolomites from Ortisei, which were wonderful, but merely whet my appetite for more adventurous things. I am considering via feratta routes in the Dolomites, or perhaps the Alps. I don't really want to be caught in hiking traffic jams so will that rule out Chamonix/Mont Blanc? I know there are other countries nearby with good mountains (Slovakia?) but I would like to see some extra high ones seeing as I come from Australia where we don't really have them!
I would love some suggestions.
I would also love to see some of Italy again (am in love with the place), but also want to check out a new country, such as Slovenia. Lake Bled looks stunning. So perhaps I could head there after the trekking, for some more, easier hikes. From there I would like a city and maybe a couple of days on the coast. It would be great to fly home either from Rome or Paris (I did both cities this year and while I want new experiences I would also love to see these again - like I say, I can't get enough of Italy! And Paris was just so cool and fun ... I thought perhaps flying into Munich would be good for the Dolomites? But destination will depend on where I do my challenging hiking ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 2 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 3 Madrid food advice needed
- 4 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 8 Algarve - is it for me?
- 9 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 10 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 14 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 TIM in FCO - update
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 16 days in France and Italy
- 19 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 20 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 23 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip