Having just returned from my first trip to Europe I am already excited about coming back. I am tossing up between Europe again next year and South America, but think it will be Europe, hopefully for four weeks. I did six weeks this year but can't do that again next year.
My main priority this time is hiking somewhere super high! I did some treks along the Cinque Terre and the Dolomites from Ortisei, which were wonderful, but merely whet my appetite for more adventurous things. I am considering via feratta routes in the Dolomites, or perhaps the Alps. I don't really want to be caught in hiking traffic jams so will that rule out Chamonix/Mont Blanc? I know there are other countries nearby with good mountains (Slovakia?) but I would like to see some extra high ones seeing as I come from Australia where we don't really have them!
I would love some suggestions.
I would also love to see some of Italy again (am in love with the place), but also want to check out a new country, such as Slovenia. Lake Bled looks stunning. So perhaps I could head there after the trekking, for some more, easier hikes. From there I would like a city and maybe a couple of days on the coast. It would be great to fly home either from Rome or Paris (I did both cities this year and while I want new experiences I would also love to see these again - like I say, I can't get enough of Italy! And Paris was just so cool and fun ... I thought perhaps flying into Munich would be good for the Dolomites? But destination will depend on where I do my challenging hiking ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Europe itinerary questions
- 4 1 month in Europe
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 7 London Hotels
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 14 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 20 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 21 LIsbon
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 Iceland in 7 days.
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 25 Luggage Storage