Having just returned from my first trip to Europe I am already excited about coming back. I am tossing up between Europe again next year and South America, but think it will be Europe, hopefully for four weeks. I did six weeks this year but can't do that again next year.
My main priority this time is hiking somewhere super high! I did some treks along the Cinque Terre and the Dolomites from Ortisei, which were wonderful, but merely whet my appetite for more adventurous things. I am considering via feratta routes in the Dolomites, or perhaps the Alps. I don't really want to be caught in hiking traffic jams so will that rule out Chamonix/Mont Blanc? I know there are other countries nearby with good mountains (Slovakia?) but I would like to see some extra high ones seeing as I come from Australia where we don't really have them!
I would love some suggestions.
I would also love to see some of Italy again (am in love with the place), but also want to check out a new country, such as Slovenia. Lake Bled looks stunning. So perhaps I could head there after the trekking, for some more, easier hikes. From there I would like a city and maybe a couple of days on the coast. It would be great to fly home either from Rome or Paris (I did both cities this year and while I want new experiences I would also love to see these again - like I say, I can't get enough of Italy! And Paris was just so cool and fun ... I thought perhaps flying into Munich would be good for the Dolomites? But destination will depend on where I do my challenging hiking ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 16 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Athens Help
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Berlin -clubs
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland